Hello and welcome to exampundit. As a part of our Government Schemes PDFs Series, today we are sharing the PDF on Swadesh Darshan Scheme. This is important for all Bank PO, Clerk and Competitive Exams.
So, here is the detailed scheme with PDF. If you want to skip reading and download the PDF, swoop down below this page.
Swadesh Darshan Scheme
Government of India, Ministry of Tourism (MoT) launched the Swadesh Darshan Scheme (Central Sector Scheme) – for integrated development of theme based tourist circuits in the country in 2014-15.
So, this scheme is envisioned to synergise with other Government of India schemes like Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, Skill India, Make in India etc. with the idea of positioning the tourism sector as a major engine for job creation, driving force for economic growth, building synergy with various sectors to enable tourism to realise its potential.
Under the Swadesh Darshan scheme, 14 thematic circuits have been identified, for development namely:
- North-East India Circuit,
- Buddhist Circuit,
- Himalayan Circuit,
- Coastal Circuit,
- Krishna Circuit,
- Desert Circuit,
- Tribal Circuit,
- Eco Circuit,
- Wildlife Circuit,
- Rural Circuit,
- Spiritual Circuit,
- Ramayana Circuit,
- Sufi Circuit
- Heritage Circuit.
Funding of Swadesh Darshan Scheme
In Union Budget 2017-18, 959.91 crore has been allocated for the Integrated Development of Tourist Circuits around specific themes under Swadesh Darshan scheme.
These 30 projects are expected to be completed by the end of 2019. 11 projects have already been inaugurated.
The Scheme is 100% centrally funded and efforts are made to achieve convergence with other schemes of Central and State Governments. And also to leverage the voluntary funding available for Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives of Central Public Sector Undertakings and Corporate Sector.
So, upto 10% funds shall be earmarked for IEC components (like workshops, seminars, publications, stakeholder outreach, skill development etc.) & Professional & Administrative Services.
Swadesh Darshan Scheme in News 2019
K.J. Alphons, Union Minister for Tourism, on January 30, 2019 inaugurated the first project under the Swadesh Darshan Scheme Project of the Union Ministry of Tourism at the Zero Point, Gangtok, Sikkim.
This project was sanctioned by the Ministry of Tourism in June 2015 for Rs. 98.05 crores and is the first ever project in Sikkim under the Swadesh Darshan Scheme.
The project is officially named as “Development of North East Circuit: Rangpo– Rorathang- Aritar- Phadamchen- Nathang-Sherathang- Tsongmo- Gangtok-Phodong- Mangan- Lachung-Yumthang- Lachen- Thangu-Gurudongmer- Mangan- Gangtok-Tuminlingee- Singtam”.
So, under this project, the Ministry has developed tourism infrastructure facilities like Tourist Information Centre, Meditation Centre, Organic Eco Tourism centre, Log Huts, Zip Line, Flower Exhibition Centre, Walkways, Souvenir Shops, Cafeteria, Rain Shelters, Wayside Amenity, Last Mile Connectivity, Parking, Public Toilets etc,.
Swadesh Darshan Scheme Objectives
- To position tourism as a major engine of economic growth and job creation;
- Also, Develop circuits having tourist potential in a planned and prioritized manner;
- Promote cultural and heritage value of the country to generate livelihoods in the identified regions;
- Also, Enhancing the tourist attractiveness in a sustainable manner by developing world class infrastructure in the circuit /destinations;
- Follow community based development and pro-poor tourism approach;
- Creating awareness among the local communities about the importance of tourism for them in terms of increased sources of income, improved living standards and overall development of the area.
Definition of Tourist Circuit
- Tourist Circuit is defined as a route having at least three major tourist destinations which are distinct and apart.
- Circuits should have well defined entry and exit points. So, a tourist who enters should get motivated to visit most of the places identified in the circuit.
Check out the other Government Schemes PDFs from here
If you have any query, feel free to contact us on Facebook.
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!