Hello and welcome to exampundit. As a part of our Government Schemes PDFs Series, today we are sharing the PDF on Sustainable Alternative towards Affordable Transportation (SATAT). This is important for all Bank PO, Clerk and Competitive Exams.
So, here is the detailed scheme with PDF. If you want to skip reading and download the PDF, swoop down below this page.
About Sustainable Alternative towards Affordable Transportation (SATAT)
Titled SATAT, the initiative is aimed at providing a Sustainable Alternative Towards Affordable Transportation (SATAT) is aimed at providing a sustainable alternative towards affordable transportation as a developmental effort that would benefit vehicle-users as well as farmers and entrepreneurs.
It is planned to roll out 5,000 Compressed Bio-Gas plants across India in a phased manner, with 250 plants by the year 2020, 1,000 plants by 2022 and 5,000 plants by 2025.
These plants are expected to produce 15 million tonnes of CBG per annum, which is about 40% of current CNG consumption of 44 million tonnes per annum in the country.
At an investment of approx. Rs. 1.7 lakh crore, this initiative is expected to generate direct employment for 75,000 people and produce 50 million tonnes of bio-manure for crops.
Key Benefits of the SATAT Initiative
- The move is expected to boost the availability of more affordable transport fuels. Along with that it is expected to enable better use of agricultural residue, cattle dung and municipal solid waste.
- It will boost entrepreneurship, rural economy and employment and provide an additional source of revenue to farmers.
- Also expected to help achieve the nation’s climate change goals and bring down the dependency on natural gas and crude oil imports. And also act as a buffer against crude oil and gas price fluctuations.
- The Compressed Bio-Gas networks can be integrated with city gas distribution (CGD) networks. Which will boost supplies to domestic and retail users in existing and upcoming markets.
- Besides retailing from OMC fuel stations, Compressed Bio-Gas can at a later date be injected into CGD pipelines too for efficient distribution and optimised access of a cleaner and more affordable fuel.
If you have any query, feel free to contact us on Facebook.
Check out the other Government Schemes PDFs from here.