Hello and welcome to exampundit. As a part of our Government Schemes PDFs Series, today we are sharing the PDF on Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana Scheme. This is important for all Bank PO, Clerk and Competitive Exams.
So, here is the detailed scheme with PDF. If you want to skip reading and download the PDF, swoop down below this page.
Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana
Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana is scheme for providing Physical Aids and Assisted-living Devices for Senior citizens belonging to BPL category. This is a Central Sector Scheme, fully funded by the Central Government. And the expenditure for implementation of the scheme will be met from the “Senior Citizens’ Welfare Fund”.
Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana was launched in Rajasthan.
The Scheme will be implemented through the sole implementing agency – Artificial Limbs Manufacturing Corporation (ALIMCO), a PSU under the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
As per the Census figures of 2011, the population of senior citizens in India is 10.38 crore. More than 70% of the population of senior citizens live in rural areas of the country. A sizeable percentage (5.2%) of the senior citizens suffers from some sort of disabilities related to old age. Projections indicate that the number of elderly population will increase to around 173 million by 2026.
The Government has hence devised the Central Sector Scheme to provide Physical aids and Assisted Living Devices for such senior citizens suffering from age related disabilities/ infirmities, who belong to BPL category.
The Scheme duration is for period of the 3 years ie. upto 2019-20.
Salient features of Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana
- Free of cost distribution of the devices, commensurate with the extent of disability/infirmity that is manifested among the eligible senior citizens.
- In case of multiple disabilities/infirmities manifested in the same person, the assistive devices will be given in respect of each disability/impairment.
- ALIMCO will undertake one year free maintenance of the aids & assisted living devices.
- Beneficiaries in each district will be identified by the State Governments/UT Administrations through a Committee chaired by the Deputy Commissioner/District Collector.
- As far as possible, 30% of the beneficiaries in each district shall be women.
- The State Government/UT Administration/District Level Committee can also utilize the data of BPL beneficiaries receiving Old Age Pension under the NSAP or any other Scheme of the State/UT for identification of senior citizens belonging to BPL category.
- The devices will be distributed in Camp mode.
Check out the other Government Schemes PDFs from here
- ISRO YUVIKA Scheme – Govt Schemes PDFs
- STARS Scheme – Govt Schemes PDFs
- SHREYAS Scheme – Govt Schemes PDFs
- Van Dhan Scheme – Govt Schemes PDFs
- Aam Admi Bima Yojana – Govt Schemes PDFs
- Khadi and Gramodyog Vikas Yojana – Govt Schemes PDFs
If you have any query, feel free to contact us on Facebook.