Hello and welcome to exampundit. As a part of our Government Schemes PDFs Series, today we are sharing the PDF on Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana. This is important for all Bank PO, Clerk and Competitive Exams.
So, here is the detailed scheme with PDF. If you want to skip reading and download the PDF, swoop down below this page.
About Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana
Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY) has been formulated with the vision of extending the coverage of irrigation ‘Har Khet ko pani’ and improving water use efficiency ‘More crop per drop’ in a focused manner with end to end solution on source creation, distribution, management, field application and extension activities.
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs chaired by Hon’ble Prime Minister has accorded approval of Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY) in its meeting held on 1st July, 2015.
Outlay and Scheme Information
Krishi Sinchayee Yojana with an outlay of Rs.50,000 crores for a period of 5 years (2015-16 to 2019-20) is to achieve convergence of investments in irrigation at the field level.
PMKSY has been formulated amalgamating ongoing schemes viz. Accelerated Irrigation Benefit Programme (AIBP) of Ministry of Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation; Integrated Watershed Management Programme (IWMP) of Department of Land Resources; and On Farm Water Management (OFWM) component of National Mission on Sustainable Agriculture (NMSA) of Department of Agriculture and Cooperation.
PMKSY is to be implemented in an area development approach, adopting decentralized state level planning and projectised execution, allowing the states to draw their irrigation development plans based on district/blocks plans with a horizon of 5 to 7 years.
States can take up projects based on the District/State Irrigation Plan.
The broad objectives of Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana include
- Achieve convergence of investments in irrigation at the field level (preparation of district level and, if required, sub district level water use plans).
- Enhance the physical access of water on the farm and expand cultivable area under assured irrigation (Har Khet ko pani).
- Integration of water source, distribution and its efficient use, to make best use of water through appropriate technologies and practices.
- Improve on – farm water use efficiency to reduce wastage and increase availability both in duration and extent.
- Enhance the adoption of precision – irrigation and other water saving technologies (More crop per drop).
- Enhance recharge of aquifers and introduce sustainable water conservation practices.
Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana has the following programme components:
Accelerated Irrigation Benefit Programme (AIBP)
To focus on faster completion of ongoing Major and Medium Irrigation including National Projects.
PMKSY (Har Khet ko Pani)
Creation of new water sources through Minor Irrigation (both surface and ground water)
Repair, restoration and renovation of water bodies; strengthening carrying capacity of traditional water sources, construction rain water harvesting structures (Jal Sanchay);
Command area development, strengthening and creation of distribution network from source to the farm;
Ground water development in the areas where it is abundant, so that sink is created to store runoff/ flood water during peak rainy season.
PMKSY Per Drop More Crop
Programme management, preparation of State/District Irrigation Plan, approval of annual action plan, Monitoring etc.
Promoting efficient water conveyance and precision water application devices like drips, sprinklers, pivots, rain – guns in the farm (Jal Sinchan);
Topping up of input cost particularly under civil construction beyond permissible limit (40%), under MGNREGS for activities like lining inlet, outlet, silt traps, distribution system etc.
PMKSY Watershed Development
Effective management of runoff water and improved soil & moisture conservation activities such as ridge area treatment, drainage line 5 treatment, rain water harvesting, in – situ moisture conservation and other allied activities o n watershed basis.
Important Terms related to Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana
- PMKSY: Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana
- AIBP: Accelerated Irrigation Benefit Programme
- IWMP: Integrated Watershed Management Programme
- OFWM: On Farm Water Management
- NMSA: National Mission on Sustainable Agriculture
If you have any query, feel free to contact us on Facebook.
Check out the other Government Schemes PDFs from here.