Hello and welcome to exampundit. As a part of our Government Schemes PDFs Series, today we are sharing the PDF on Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyan (PMG DISHA). This is important for all Bank PO, Clerk and Competitive Exams.
So, here is the detailed scheme with PDF. If you want to skip reading and download the PDF, swoop down below this page.
Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyan (PMG DISHA)
As per the 71st NSSO Survey on Education 2014, only 6% of rural households have a computer.
This highlights that more than 15 crore rural households (@ 94% of 16.85 crore households) do not have computers and a significant number of these households are likely to be digitally illiterate.
The Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyan (PMG DISHA) being initiated under Digital India Programme would cover 6 crore households in rural areas to make them digitally literate.
Earlier, the Government had implemented the National Digital Literacy Mission or the Digital Saksharta Abhiyan (DISHA) or National Digital Literacy Mission (NDLM) to impart IT training to 52.5 lakh persons, including Anganwadi and ASHA workers and authorised ration dealers in all the States/UTs across the country.
So that the non-IT literate citizens are trained to become IT literate so as to enable them to actively and effectively participate in the democratic and developmental process and also enhance their livelihood.
MGDISHA is expected to be one of the largest digital literacy programmes in the world. Under the scheme, 25 lakh candidates will be trained in the FY 2016-17; 275 lakh in the FY 2017-18; and 300 lakh in the FY 2018-19.
To ensure equitable geographical reach, each of the 250,000 Gram Panchayats would be expected to register an average of 200-300 candidates.
Eligibility of PMG DISHA
The Scheme is applicable only for rural areas of the country.
Eligible Household: A household is defined as a unit comprising of Head of family, spouse, children and parents. All such households where none of the family member is digitally literate will be considered as eligible household under the Scheme.
- The beneficiary should be Digitally Illiterate
- Only one person per eligible household would be considered for training
- Age Group: 14 – 60 years
Priority would be given to
- Non-smartphone users, Antyodaya households, college drop-outs, Participants of the adult literacy mission
- Digitally illiterate school students from class 9th to 12th, provided facility of Computer/ICT Training is not available in their schools
- Preference would be given to SC, ST, BPL, women, differently-abled persons and minorities
- The identification of the beneficiaries would be carried out by CSC-SPV in active collaboration with DeGS, Gram Panchayats, and Block Development Officers. The list of such beneficiaries would be made available on the scheme portal.
Training process of PMG DISHA
The duration of the training program is for 20 hours which has to be completed in a minimum of 10 days and maximum of 30 days.
There will be ₹300 fees after completion of the training programme.
Learning Outcomes / Competency Standards
- Understand the basics (terminology, navigation and functionality) of digital devices.
- Use digital devices for accessing, creating, managing and sharing information
- Use the Internet to browse in an effective and responsible manner
- Use technology to communicate effectively
- Appreciate the role of digital technology in everyday life, in social life and at work
- Carry out cashless transactions using digital financial tools (USSD/ UPI/ eWallet/ AEPS/ Card/ PoS)
- Use Digital Locker Use online citizen centric services
Important Terms related to Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyan (PMG DISHA)
- PMG DISHA: Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyan
- ASHA: Accredited Social Health Activist
- NDLM: National Digital Literacy Mission
- DISHA: Digital Saksharta Abhiyan
- NSSO: National Sample Survey Office
- CSC–SPV: Common Services Centers (CSCs)- Special Purpose Vehicle
- DeGS: District e-Governance Society
If you have any query, feel free to contact us on Facebook.
Check out the other Government Schemes PDFs from here.