Hello and welcome to exampundit. As a part of our Government Schemes PDFs Series, today we are sharing the PDF on Deendayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana. This is important for all Bank PO, Clerk and Competitive Exams.
So, here is the detailed scheme with PDF. If you want to skip reading and download the PDF, swoop down below this page.
Deendayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana
The Government of India has launched the scheme “Deendayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana” for rural electrification.
The erstwhile Rajiv Gandhi Grameen Vidyutikaran Yojana (RGGVY) scheme for village electrification and providing electricity distribution infrastructure in the rural areas has been subsumed in the DDUGJY scheme.
Rural Electrification Corporation is the Nodal Agency for implementation of DDUGJY.
The Ministry of Power, Government of India has launched Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana for rural areas with the following objectives:
- To provide electrification to all villages
- Feeder separation to ensure sufficient power to farmers and regular supply to other consumers
- Improvement of Sub-transmission and distribution network to improve the quality and reliability of the supply
- Metering to reduce the losses
The following are the scheme components:
- Separation of agriculture and non-agriculture feeders facilitating judicious rostering of supply to agricultural & non-agricultural consumers in the rural areas;
- Strengthening and augmentation of sub-transmission & distribution (ST&D) infrastructure in rural areas, including metering at distribution transformers, feeders and consumers end;
- Rural electrification, as per CCEA approval dated 01.08.2013 for completion of the targets laid down under RGGVY for 12th and 13th Plans by subsuming RGGVY in DDUGJY and carrying forward the approved outlay for RGGVY to DDUGJY.
The funding mechanism of Deendayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana is as under:
|Agency||Nature of support||Quantum of support
(Percentage of project cost)
|Other than Special Category States||Special Category States #|
|Govt of India||Grant||60||85|
|Discom Contribution*||Own Fund||10||5|
|Lender (FIs/ Banks)||Loan||30||10|
|Additional Grant from GOI on achievement of prescribed milestones||Grant||50% of total loan component (30%) i.e. 15%||50% of total loan component (10%) i.e. 5%|
|Maximum Grant by GOI (including additional grant on achievement of prescribed milestones)||Grant||75%||90%|
# Special Category States (All North Eastern States including Sikkim, J&K, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand)
Benefits from the scheme
- All villages and households shall be electrified
- Increase in agriculture yield
- Business of Small and household enterprises shall grow resulting into new avenues for employment
- Improvement in Health, Education, Banking (ATM) services
- Improvement in accessibility to radio, telephone, television, internet and mobile etc
- Betterment in social security due to availability of electricity
- Accessibility of electricity to schools, panchayats, hospitals and police stations etc
- Rural areas shall get increased opportunities for comprehensive development
If you have any query, feel free to contact us on Facebook.
Check out the other Government Schemes PDFs from here.