Union Minister of Communications Manoj Sinha on 21 December 2017 launched Project DARPAN – “Digital Advancement of Rural Post Office for A New India” to improve the quality of service and add value to services for rural customers.
The project has an outlay of 1400 crore rupees and intends to provide a low power technology solution to each Branch Postmaster (BPM). This will enable all 1.29 Lakhs Branch Post Offices (BOs) to improve the level of services being offered to rural customers across all the states.
At Present, 43171 Branch Post Offices have migrated under the “DARPAN” project with the aim of financial inclusion to rural population.
About Project Darpan
- Project Darpan aims to achieve financial inclusion of un-banked rural population.
- The Project will increase the rural reach of the Department of Posts and enable BOs to increase traffic of all financial remittances, savings accounts, Rural Postal Life Insurance, and Cash Certificates.
- It will improve mail operations processes by allowing for automated booking and delivery of accountable article.
- It will increase revenue using retail post business, provide third party applications and make disbursements for social security schemes such as MGNREGS.
- The project is targeted to be completed by March 2018.
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!