Hello and welcome to exampundit . Here is a set of English Quiz for the upcoming SBI Clerk(Junior Associates) Mains 2016.
Read the followings carefully and answer
Post answers according to the following format(s)
In case the options are ABCD, use the Appropriate Options.
Do Not Rectify anyone.
If you have any doubt regarding any question of the quiz, kindly ask after the quiz is over i.e answers given.
DO NOT GOOGLE ANSWERS!! IT WILL HAMPER YOUR PREPARATION
Do Not CHAT here. If you have any query, use today’s Ask The Mentor Page.
At least 7 Attempts for Scores.
Exampundit.in reserves the right to choose winner or give scores.
Directions (Q. 1-5): Rearrange
the following sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E), (F) and (G) to make a
meaningful paragraph and then answer the questions which follow:
[A] For starters, IRNSS provides accurate location
information — standard positioning service to general users and restricted
service (RS) to authorised users.
[B] Later in June, it is scheduled to fire 21 satellites,
mostly foreign, into space in one shot.
[C] The main payload, of course, will be Indian —
Cartosat-2C — said to be the best Indian satellite till date.
[D] This information will help in terrestrial, aerial and
marine navigation, besides offering better applications for disaster management
and mapping among a host of other services.
[E] However, the mission’s importance is as much commercial
as it is scientific.
[F] IRNSS is just one measure of ISRO’s success.
[G] How does it help solve our real problems?
1. Which of the following will be the FIRST sentence of the paragraph?
1) G 2) B 3) E
4) C 5) F
2. Which of the following will be the FIFTH sentence of the paragraph?
1) F 2) D 3) B
4) A 5) C
3. Which of the following will be the SECOND sentence of the paragraph?
1) E 2) G 3) A
4) F 5) D
4. Which of the following will be the LAST(SEVENTH) sentence
of the paragraph?
1) F 2) B 3) A
4) E 5) C
5. Which of the following will be the FOURTH sentence of the paragraph?
1) A 2) B
3) D 4) F
Direction (Q. 6–10):
Read each sentence to find out whether there is any error in it. The error, if
any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the
answer. If there is no error, the answer is (5). (Ignore errors of punctuation,
6. 1) Present-day parents have / 2) underwent a radical
shift in / 3) attitude compared to / 4) their earlier counterparts./ 5) No
7. 1) He went on attacking her/ 2) when other passengers
arrived / 3) and told him/ 4) to lay off. / 5) No error
8. 1) Get rid of all cigarettes / 2) and ashtrays and / 3)
other paraphernalia / 4) associated to smoking. / 5) No error
9. 1) John’s soldiers / 2) were readying/ 3) themselves for
/ 4) the final assault. / 5) No error
10. 1) There is a perception that / 2) the civilian authority
does not / 3) fully appreciate the gravity of / 4) threats of national
security. / 5) No error
6. Replace ‘underwent’ with ‘undergone’.
7. Replace ‘when’ with ‘until’.
8. Replace ‘to’ with ‘with’.
9. No error
10. Replace ‘of’ with ‘to’
And the winners are
- Ashmita – 8/10
- Abhinav – 7/9
- Manisha – 6/8