Hello and welcome to exampundit . Here is a set of English Quiz for upcoming RBI Grade B Phase I and BMSB PO 2016 Exams.
In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words, are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the word in each case.
The skin’s worst enemy is the sun. If you avoid (1) you can (2) to prolong the young and (3) skin. The sun (4) deprive the skin of (5) hastening the appearance of (6) lines and wrinkles that (7) I all about. It is (8) responsible for many skin (9) like pigmentation. Discoloration, freckles and (10) skin cancer. So, protect the skin with a sunscreen and moisturize it daily.
1. (a) Extra exposure to the sun (b) much (c) more (d) additional (e) excessive.
2. (a) Aid (b) help (c) assistance (d) assist (e) make.
3. (a) Handsomeness of the (b) luxury (c) beauty (d) suppleness (e) richness
4. (a) can (b) may (c) shall (d) be (e) will
5. (a) water (b) dampness (c) wetness (d) moisture (e) wet
6. (a) those (b) these (c) that (d) certain (e) some
7. (a) increment (b) growing (c) increasing (d) ageing (e) mellowing
8. (a) therefore (b) also (c) besides (d) even (e) possibly
9. (a) diseases (b) illness (c) itches (d) questions (e) problems
10. (a) even (b) certain (c) certainty (d) almost (e) some
1. (a) . Because the rest options do not fit the structure.
2. (b).Aid is the closest to the answer but aid means giving something to help which doesn’t fit here.
5. (d) Because rest words are not in common usage with skin.
9. (e). Rest alternatives doesn’t fit with the meaning of the paragraph.