Hello and welcome to exampundit . Here is a set of Vocabulary Test for the upcoming UBI PO and RBI Grade B Phase I exam 2016.
Direction (Q. 1-5) : In each of the following questions four words are given of which two words are most nearly the same or opposite in meaning. Find the two words which are most nearly the same or opposite in meaning and indicate the number of the correct letter combination by darkening the appropriate oval in your answer sheet.
1. A. Nix B. Prevention C. Imprint D. Deterrence
(a) A -D (b) B – C (c) C – A (d) C – D (e) D – B
2. A. Obviation B. Repercussion C. Consequence D. Pinning
(a) B – D (b) B – C (c) A – B (d) C – D (e) D – A
3. A. Proclamation B. Renege C. Secret D. Rebound
(a) A -C (b) B – D (c) A – D (d) C – B (e) D – C
4. A. Erection B. Inundate C. Rescind D. Approve
(a) C – B (b) D – A (c) C – D (d) A – B (e) C – A
5. A. Impasse B. Deadlock C. Engulf D. Backlash
(a) C -D (b) A – B (c) D – A (d) B – C (e) C – A
Directions (Q. 6-10): Each question below has two blanks, each blank indicating that something has been omitted. Choose the set of words for each blank that best fits the meaning of the sentence as a whole.
6. It is _____ to the tolerance of our country’s religion based-majority society that it hosts several ______ communities of other faiths.
(a) clarified, secular
(b) misinterpretation , unique
(c) standstill , forcible
(d) testament , flourishing
(e) reference , abstract
7. Acting is an _______ passion that can only be ____ and humanized by its brutal confrontation with reality.
(a) Insatiable, digested
(b) Integration , planed
(c) talent – projected
(d) image , enabled
(e) essential , approved
8. Our engineers are currently examining ________ to build the country’s first ecological city with buildings ______ private and public heated by burning shells.
(a) issues , and
(b) campaign , discredit
(c) plans , both
(d) counter , that
(e) schedule , in
9. Public would do well to _____ at this point that for the last 10 years we have _______ a single coalition governing at the centre without a break.
(a) defence , only
(b) being , diverted
(c) reach , misled
(d) prevail , been
(e) recall , had
10. This is one of the most plausible and _____ arguments, I have ____ in a while.
(a) meaningless , had
(b) cynical , heard
(c) disowning , aimed
(d) emotional , stance
(e) forcible , remark