Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here is a set of English Quiz on Error Correction problems for upcoming exams.
Directions (Q. 1-10): Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical or idiomatic error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is no error, the answer is 5). (Ignore errors of punctuation, if any.)
1. Despite the merger, 1)/ the airline has reported 2)/ sizeable losses and is unable 3)/to pay their employees. 4)/ No error 5)
2. We have recently began 1)/ the process of recruiting 2)/insurance agents for 3)/ our North-Eastern branches. 4)/ No error 5)
3. The company’s decision to issue 1)/ bonus shares clearly indicates 2)/ the management’s confident 3)/ about the future. 4)/ No error 5)
4. Inspite that organisations are aware 1)/ of the importance of IT 2)/ they often do not know 3)/ how to deploy it effectively. 4)/ No error 5)
5. Keeping in mind that India 1)/ is one of the world’s fastest 2)/growing economies many international 3)/ companies are invested in India. 4)/ No error 5)
6. Although interlinking of rivers will 1)/ help tackle drought, the government 2)/ has not paid much 3)/ attention to this project. 4) / No error 5)
7. The rise in prices of food items is 1)/ likely the cause of inflation 2)/ to exceed eight per cent 3)/ during the next quarter. 4) / No error 5)
8. Many people believe that 1)/ the nationalisation of banks in 2)/ the 1960s have protected India 3)/ from the current financial crisis. 4)/ No error 5)
9. RBI is in favour 1)/of amending currently 2)/ policies governing operations of 3)/ foreign banks in India. 4)/ No error 5)
10. These recently upgraded branch offices 1)/ have been fully computerised 2)/ and are connected to headquarters/ 3) to ensure proper monitoring. 4)/ No error 5)
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!