Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here is a set of English Quiz based on Cloze Test questions.
Decades ago one noon, Radhika caught my mother teaching over a topic and reciting a poem moving (1) across the airwaves. Engulfed in the block out enforce by the traditional customs, she was panned (2) by Sarika’s emotional rendering of love. My mother was not known to be given to display of love and yet (3), Sarika’s poetry opened terrible wounds of love in her. Five years later, Radhika learnt that my mother and Sarika were not only relatives but also childhood friends, lost their mothers while they were strained (4). Their common choice (5) of loneliness brought them together briefly but they were ascertained (6) frivolous (7) by circumstances and it took years before the two childhood friends met again. Though (8) Radhika had arranged that meeting, it was only when Radhika met Sarika’s daughter recently that Radhika understood the things. There was a depth of love in her poetry irrespective of lime light and adulation, Sarika had indulged in her blister (9) with sincerity so as to delight and plank (10) the heart and mind at that time.
1. 1) blowing 2) floating 3) overwhelming 4) aggravating 5) no correction required
2. 1) debouched 2) meted 3) stunk 4) overwhelmed 5) no correction required
3. 1) but 2) more 3) if 4) whether 5) no correction required
4. 1) standstill 2) toddlers 3) subtle 4) minded 5) no correction required
5. 1) crusader 2) spadework 3) legacies 4) gender 5) no correction required
6. 1) torn 2) agile 3) heinous 4) rushed 5) no correction required
7. 1) apart 2) appellant 3) avail 4) crept 5) no correction required
8. 1) where 2) and 3) then 4) also 5) no correction required
9. 1) transcends 2) stigma 3) pursuit 4) planning 5) no correction required
10. 1) smooth 2) satiate 3) reflex 4) react 5) no correction required
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!