Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here is a set of English Quiz on Single & Double Fillers for upcoming Bank and Insurance exams in 2018.
Pick out the most effective word from the given words to fill in the blanks to make the sentence meaningfully complete.
- He has a _____ knowledge about ancient Indian scriptures.
- Your allegation should be based on facts and not on_____.
- He spent whole of his life in ______ the miseries of the downtrodden people.
- The _______ climate of our town will help to recover his health.
- He has the _____ distinction of losing the election for the sixth consecutive term.
Each question below has two blanks, each blank indicating that something has been omitted. Choose the set of words for each blank that best fits the meaning of the sentence as a whole.
- Many teachers __________ the lack of professional freedom as the __________ for leaving the job.
(a) cited, reason
(b) explained, force
(c) claimed, understanding
(d) argued, culprit
(e) believe, ground
- Skeptics would not __________ that the earth actually moves, let alone that it __________ around the sun.
(a) permit, orbits
(b) accept, revolves
(c) experience, circles
(d) assume, went
(e) challenge, spins
- Unpredictable __________ of the child could not lead the consultants to any __________ .
(a) performance, setting
(b) belief, judgement
(c) operation, purpose
(d) behaviour, conclusion
(e) react, decision
- A public servant who is guilty will not __________ punishment and no __________.. person will be punished.
(a) be, sincere
(b) flee, guilty
(c) defend, common
(d) avoid, uniformed
(e) escape, innocent
- Few professions can __________. the sheer variety and constant __________ of being a doctor.
(a) like, struggle
(b) share, enthusiast
(c) match, challenge
(d) draw, work-load
(e) justify, exception
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!