Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the Daily One Liner Current Affairs of March 9, 2018.
- The Reserve Bank of India has imposed a penalty of Rs 50 million on Airtel Payments Bank for violating operating guidelines and Know Your Customer (KYC) norms.
- Reserve Bank has imposed Rs 10 lakh fine on Equitas Small Finance Bank (SFB) as the company was selling mutual fund, pension and insurance products without taking approval from the regulator.
- Three months after announcing an incubation center exclusively for women, Government of Telangana launched Women Entrepreneurship Hub (WE- Hub) in Hyderabad on Thursday. WE-Hub is India’s first state-led incubator exclusively for women entrepreneurs.
- Diu has become the first Union Territory of the country to run 100 per cent on solar power energy. The installation of solar power plants has resulted in significantly reducing the power loss which was earlier faced when the UT consumed electricity supplied from the power grid owned by the Gujarat government.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the National Nutrition Mission and Pan India Expansion of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao (BBBP) covering all the 640 districts of the country at a mega event held at Jhunjhunu in Rajasthan on March 8, 2018, on the occasion of International Women’s Day.
- India’s popular Live TV App JioTV have announced that it has introduced India’s FIRST interactive sports experience for consumers watching the ongoing tri-nation Nidahas trophy which is being shown exclusively on JioTV in India.
- Union Minister for Minority Affairs Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi announced that the Central Government will award ‘Mutawallis’ who will perform well in management of Waqf properties to ensure utilisation of these properties for upliftment of the society.
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal announced that government will open a 100 bedded Mother and Child Care Hospital in Panipat to provide free sanitary napkins to adolescent girls and organize free medical camp once in a month exclusively for senior citizen women.
- Union Minister of State for Energy R.K. Singh along with Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat launched the Saubhagya Yojana in the state on March 9, 2018.
- P K Sinha, Cabinet Secretary of Union Government, on March 8, 2018 launched ‘I-Metros’, an association of all Indian Metro Rail companies.
- Popular ridesharing app Uber on Friday announced the appointment of Indian skipper Virat Kohli as its first brand ambassador in India, thus embarking on a first-of-its-kind initiative across the Asia Pacific (APAC) region.
- As per Knight Frank’s Wealth Report 2018, the number of wealthy Indians, having assets of over USD 50 million, is likely to grow by nearly 71 per cent to 4980 by 2022 from 2980 in 2017.
- World Kidney Day 2018 observed on 8 March.