Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the Daily One Liner Current Affairs of March 7, 2018.
- Digital payment provider Paytm announced that its wholly owned subsidiary ‘Paytm Money Limited’ has received the official approval of the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) to become a registered investment advisor.
- The Pension Fund Regulatory Development Authority (PFRDA) has relaxed the norms for partial withdrawal under the National Pension Scheme (NPS).
- The Reserve Bank has slapped a penalty of Rs 40 lakh on SBI for not complying with its directions on detection and impounding of counterfeit notes.
- The South Central Railway (SCR) management on March 6, 2018 named the Chandragiri station in Guntakal Division, near Tirupati as the first ‘all-women railway station’ in Andhra Pradesh.
- HN Nagamohan Das Committee, a seven-member expert committee constituted by Karnataka Government to examine the demand for a separate religion tag for Lingayats, on March 2, 2018 submitted a report recommending “Religious Minority” status for Lingayat community.
- ‘Vision for Future’ event was held in New Delhi on March 6, 2018 to commemorate 70 years of the Indo-Russia ties.
- Railways Ministry have eliminated the practice of manually recording punctuality performance at 41 major railway junctions across zones to ensure correct reporting.
- The Airports Authority of India (AAI) is participating in World ATM Congress (WATMC) 2018 being held at IFEMA, Feria de Madrid, Spain from March 6 to 8.
- France has decided to make 15 years as the legal age of sexual consent following a public outcry over two cases of sex involving 11-year-old girls.
- Philanthropist Michael Bloomberg announced to spend USD 20 million US dollars to launch an anti-tobacco watchdog to detect and expose deceptive practices by the tobacco industry.
- American magazine Forbes on March 6, 2018 released the 32nd annual World’s Billionaires List, comprising names of a record 2208 billionaires. Jeff Bezos topped the World’s Billionaires List for the first time with a fortune of USD 112 billion, up from USD 39.2 billion in 2017, the biggest one-year gain ever.
- Global steel giant ArcelorMittal has appointed Aditya Mittal as president of the company.
- India’s 2011 World Cup-winning skipper, Mahendra Singh Dhoni, has become a brand ambassador of gaming platform Dream11, it was announced today.
- Chocolate maker Mars Wrigley Confectionery on Monday said it has appointed Indian cricketer MS Dhoni as brand ambassador of popular chocolate Snickers.