Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the Daily One Liner Current Affairs of March 6, 2018.
- In order to manage additional liquidity demand in the closing quarter of this financial year, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will infuse about Rs 1 lakh crore into the banking system through special auctions this month.
- The Union Government on March 5, 2018 constituted a Steering Committee to study various issues related to Fintech (Financial technology) space in India. The Committee will operate under the Chairmanship of Subhash Chandra Garg, Secretary of Department of Economic Affairs (DEA), Union Ministry of Finance.
- Iraq has become India’s biggest crude oil supplier by overtaking Saudi Arabia with a wide margin in this current financial year. Iraq supplied 38.9 million tonnes (MT) of oil, which was more than 20% of country’s oil needs.
- National E-Repository (NERL) has announced its partnership agreement with the Bank of Baroda (BoB) for pledge finance.
- As a step forward for the state’s blockchain ecosystem, the Government of Andhra Pradesh has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with technology powerhouse ConsenSys.
- In a first-of-its-kind service, India’s much-awaited app-based heli taxi trip took off in Bengaluru on Tuesday. The maiden trip of the heli taxi was between a Bengaluru airport and Electronic City.
- The Union Transport Minister, Nitin Gadkari would be launching a new mobile application called ‘Sukhad Yatra’ and a toll-free emergency number for highway users on March 7, 2018 in New Delhi.
- The Centre on March 6 told the Supreme Court that the selection committee for appointing a Lokpal has decided to first fill up the vacancy of an eminent jurist in the panel, which also includes the Prime Minister.
- Conrad Sangma, the President of National People’s Party (NPP), was on March 6, 2018 sworn-in as the 12th Chief Minister of Meghalaya. Sangma is the youngest son of former Lok Sabha Speaker late PA Sangma.
- Biplab Kumar Deb will be sworn in as the new Chief Minister of Tripura.
- Nationalist Democratic Progressive Party (NDPP) leader Neiphiu Rio was on Tuesday appointed the new Chief Minister of Nagaland.
- Forbes India on March 5, 2018 released the “W-Power Trailblazers” issue 2018, featuring 25 women stars on the ascendency in business.