Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the Daily One Liner Current Affairs of March 4 and 5, 2018.
- The Reserve Bank today said it has imposed a penalty of Rs 3 crore on Axis Bank for violation of NPA classification norms, and Rs 2 crore on Indian Overseas Bank for not complying with the KYC regulations.
- Happay, a business expense management solution provider, in collaboration with HDFC bank, introduced a new prepaid card-linked Travel and Entertainment (T&E) expense management solution to enable Indian enterprises to efficiently manage their business travel expenditure.
- Export-Import Bank of India (Exim Bank) on Friday said it has signed an agreement with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) for financing a project on ‘Capacity Building of MSMEs in North East India for Export Competitiveness’.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has directed foreign banks with more than 20 branches to mandatorily create sub-targets to lend a portion of their loanbooks to small and marginal farmers, as well as micro enterprises.
- Latest official data reveals that India’s exposure to US government securities rose sharply to a high of $144.7 billion at the end of 2017. India remained to be the 12th largest overseas holder of such securities, just behind oil rich Saudi Arabia, whose holding stood at $147.4 billion in December 2017.
- The Odisha government has launched a programme called Ama Gaon, Ama Vikas (Our Village, our development) to reach out to the people in rural areas and involve themselves in the developmental activities.
- The Union Ministry of Women and Child Development have approved the projects worth Rs 2,919 crore under the Nirbhaya Fund for creating “safe cities”.
- The 90th Academy Awards ceremony, presented by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS), honoring the best films of 2017 and took place at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, Los Angeles, California. The best film award was conferred to The Shape of Water. Most awards: The Shape of Water (4) and Most nominations: The Shape of Water (13).
- Saudi Arabia hosted its first marathon for women on March 3, 2018 as the conservative kingdom seeks to boost female sports in a far-reaching modernisation drive.
- The Marshall Islands will launch the world’s first legal tender crypto-currency to raise some hard cash to pay bills and boost the economy. The parliament has passed a law to create its own digital currency.
- Krishna Kumari Kohli was on March 3, 2018 elected as the first-ever Hindu Dalit woman Senator in the upper house of the Muslim-dominated Pakistan.