Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the Daily One Liner Current Affairs of March 2, 2018.
- In view of the increasing importance of the services sector and to encourage banks to lend more to this sector, the Reserve Bank of India has decided to do away with the per borrower loan limits to Micro/ Small and Medium Enterprises (Services) for classification under priority sector lending. So far, loans to Micro/ Small and Medium Enterprises (Services) up to ₹5 crore and ₹10 crore, respectively, were classified as priority sector lending (PSL).
- Digital payment major Paytm announced that it has registered 68 million Unified Payments Interface (UPI) transactions in the 28 days of February alone, thus emerging as the largest contributor to the overall volume of UPI transactions.
- The Reserve Bank of India has eased position limit in interest rate futures (IRFs) for foreign portfolio investors (FPIs). The banking regulator has allowed a limit of ₹5,000 crore for FPIs to go long in IRFs.
- The Indian Railways announced that Merchant Discount Rate (MDR) charges will not be levied on passengers for booking railway tickets (at the railway ticketing counters as well as through IRCTC ticketing website) on payment made through debit cards for a transaction value.
- In the wake of the recent banking scams reported, the government has directed public sector banks (PSBs) to consolidate nearly 35 overseas operations without affecting the banks’ international presence in these countries.
- In a major move to implement stricter supervision of auditing firms and individuals, the Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the proposal for establishing the National Financial Reporting Authority (NFRA).
- With the aim of making Karnataka a global first choice for innovation, the state government unveiled ‘Innovate Karnataka’ in Bengaluru on Thursday. ‘Innovate Karnataka’ will act as an umbrella brand for all innovation in the state — whether it’s in emerging technologies such as blockchain, robotics, artificial intelligence (AI), nanotechnology, or in the startup ecosystem of Karnataka.
- India and Jordan signed 12 Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) to boost cooperation in the defence and health sectors, along with allowing India long-term access to organic fertiliser from the West Asian nation.
- Navjot Kaur on Firday scripted history by becoming the first Indian woman wrestler to win a gold in the Senior Asian Championships as she clinched the yellow metal in the 65kg freestyle category in Bishkek.