Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the Daily One Liner Current Affairs of March 14, 2018.
- The World Bank on Wednesday projected India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth at 7.3 percent for the next financial year. The body also projects an accelerated growth to 5 percent in 2019-20.
- Ujjivan Small Finance Bank has launched 39 Unbanked Rural Centres (URCs) in the eastern states of West Bengal, Assam, Bihar, Jharkhand, Tripura and Orissa.
- Belfrics Global, one of the growing block chain development start-ups in India, on Wednesday announced that it had signed an MoU with the Andhra Pradesh
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed on Tuesday between Telangana Government and a Tamil Nadu based firm, Kay Ventures Private Limited for setting up a Rs 100 crore apparel superhub in Sircilla.
- India has been ranked at 78th, lower than its emerging market peers like Brazil and China, among 114 countries on the World Economic Forum’s Energy Transition Index that was topped by Sweden.
- The Haryana government announced on March 14, 2 018 that it would be setting up a committee to find a solution to polluted water flowing in the Yamuna river, which is affecting four districts of the state.
- The 20-km-long stretch of Delhi Metro’s Pink Line, connecting the north and south campuses of the Delhi University, was opened for the public on March 14, 2018.
- The state government of Assam has proposed an insurance scheme for journalists and their families in its budget for 2018-19.
- The Supreme Court of India ruled on March 13, 2018 that foreign law firms cannot set up offices in India but their lawyers could visit in ‘fly in and fly out’ mode to give legal advice on foreign laws to clients, which would be casual in nature.
- Nepal’s first woman President Bidya Devi Bhandari was re-elected for a second term in office with an overwhelming majority on March 13, 2018.
- US President Trump on March 13, 2018 fired his secretary of state, Rex W Tillerson, naming CIA Director Mike Pompeo as his replacement. The President also named Gina Haspel to become the CIA’s first female director.
- The research body of the Union Health Ministry – the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) – was awarded the International Kochon Prize 2017 on March 13, 2018 in New Delhi for its contribution to the national programme in Tuberculosis research.
- Renowned physicist and modern cosmology patron, Stephen Hawking, passed away on March 14, 2018 at his home in Cambridge
- Noted film and television actor Narendra Jha passed away on March 14, 2018 following a heart attack.