Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the Daily One Liner Current Affairs of March 13, 2018.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on Tuesday announced discontinuation of the issuance of Letters of Undertaking (LOUs) and Letters of Comfort (LOCs) for trade credit for imports with immediate effect.
- Private banking major ICICI Bank on Tuesday announced the launch of an instant overdraft facility for the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) customers in a completely online and paperless manner. Titled ‘InstaOD’, this first-of-its-kind offering in the Indian banking industry enables a few lakhs of pre-qualified current account customers of the bank to instantly avail the facility without visiting a branch and submitting physical documents.
- The State Bank of India (SBI) announced a substantial reduction of charges for non-maintenance of Average Monthly Balance (AMB) in savings accounts, effective April 1. The charges for non-maintenance of AMB for customers in metro and urban centers have been reduced from a maximum of Rs. 50 to Rs.15 per month, excluding Goods and Services Tax (GST). Similarly, for semi-urban and rural centers, the charges have been reduced from Rs. 40 to Rs. 12 and Rs. 10 per month respectively, excluding GST.
- Approximately 55,000 loans have been provided by the government under the Stand-Up India Scheme (SUPI), Ministry of Finance said on Tuesday.
- The 2018-19 Budget for Assam proposes to establish a North East Foundation, which will act as a think tank for the region.
- The National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) in association with Facebook launched “Design4India Studio” in Bengaluru.
- The Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways on March 12, 2018 approved the improvement and reconstruction of road stretches in various States namely, Andhra Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Odisha, Punjab, West Bengal and Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- The Supreme Court of India on March 13, 2018 extended the deadline of March 31 for linking of Aadhaar card to various bank accounts, mobile phones and government schemes indefinitely.
- The first-ever multilateral Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) exercise of the Indian Air Force in association with South Asian Region nations began off the coast of Kerala on March 12, 2018.
- Indian Prime Minister, Narendra Modi on March 13, 2018 launched a campaign to eradicate tuberculosis (TB) from India by 2025, five years ahead of the globally-set deadline.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a number of schemes for the poor in Varanasi and emphasised on harnessing solar energy for cooking.
- Following the order of Directorate General of Civil Aviation’s (DGCA) to ground 11 A320neo aircraft, Indigo cancelled 47 flights on various routes.
- The Union Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation on March 12, 2018 constituted the Mahanadi Water Disputes Tribunal to solve water dispute between Odisha and Chhattisgarh.
- The Union Government has approved a proposal to institute the ‘Union Home Minister’s Medal for Excellence in Police Investigation’ to promote high professional standards of crime investigation among police forces.
- Vedanta Limited on Tuesday announced the appointment of K. Sinha, the former Chairman of the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) as its additional non-executive independent director.
- Andhra Pradesh stands at equivalent to 51st rank globally in Multidimensional Poverty, Index according to a recent household survey conducted in the state.
- WHO listed “Disease X”, which could potentially trigger deadly global epidemic in the near future, among priority diseases, calling for urgent measures to tackle it.
- The Indian Premier League (IPL) launched the anthem for the 2018 edition of games starting on April 7.
- French fashion designer Hubert de Givenchy, a pioneer of ready-to-wear range, passed away on March 10, 2018 at age 91.
- Begum Hamida Habibullah, a former Rajya Sabha member and a pioneer in women empowerment, passed away in Lucknow on March 13, 2018.
- First Commissioner of Delhi Police Jayendra Nath Chaturvedi passed away in Varanasi.