Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the Daily One Liner Current Affairs of March 11-12, 2018.
- The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) on Monday signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on cooperation for an effective implementation of the Bankruptcy Code.
- State-owned Power Grid Corporation said on Monday that it has entered into an agreement with State Bank of India (SBI) for Rs5,000 crore term loan for meeting its capital expenditure.
- The International Solar Alliance (ISA)-African Development Bank (AfDb), the Asian Development Bank (ADB), the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB), Green climate fund (GCF) and the New Development Bank (NDB) on March 10, 2018 signed Joint financial partnership Declarations.
- The GST Council recommended the introduction of e-way bill for inter-State movement of goods across the country from April 1, 2018.
- According to a report titled ‘Reimagining India’s M&E sector’, the number of ‘digital only consumers’ of content is set to more than double to 4 million by 2020.
- Chandigarh will host Play Write 2018, India’s first of its kind Sports Literature Festival on March 17-18.
- India Oil Corporation (IOC), the country’s largest fuel retailer, on Monday announced the successful demonstration trials of India’s first hydrogen fuel cell-powered bus in collaboration with Tata Motors.
- On the eve of International Womens Day, the Delhi government today launched a pilot project for equipping public buses with ‘panic alarm system’ to ensure safety of women passengers.
- The first ever Indo-French Knowledge Summit ended successfully on March 11, 2018 with a landmark agreement on mutual recognition of educational qualifications between the two countries.
- The National Conference on Counterfeiting and Role of Enforcement Agencies would be held in New Delhi from 13-14 March, 2018.
- Banlotwa has become the first ‘alcohol-free’ village in Ranchi district.
- The National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) on March 11, 2018 launched a mobile app for providing better citizen-friendly services by law enforcement agencies.
- The World Health Organisations (WHO) in March 2018 launched ‘Tobacco Product Regulation: Building Laboratory Testing Capacity’, new regulation on tobacco products pressing the need for clear, practical advice on building laboratory testing capacity.
- China’s Parliament on March 11, 2018 removed 2-term limit of President, paving the way for President Xi Jinping to rule indefinitely over the country.
- IKEA, the Swedish home furnishings company, has announced the appointment of Peter Betzel as the new Chief Executive Officer for its India business.
- India has won the “Best Exhibitor Award” at ITB – Berlin on its last day. ‘ITB -Berlin World Tourist Meet’ was convened at Berlin, Germany from 7th March to 10th March, 2018.
- Hyderabad’s Anindith Reddy was named as ‘FMSCI National MotorSports Person of the Year 2017.