Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the Daily One Liner Current Affairs of March 1, 2018.
- The Union Cabinet, headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has approved the proposal to introduce Fugitive Economic Offenders Bill 2018 in the Parliament, said Finance Minister Arun Jaitley.
- The Union Rural Development Ministry has sanctioned funds worth more than Rs 700 crore for the construction of 43 roads and 15 bridges under Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) in Arunachal Pradesh.
- The Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) on February 26, 2018 released a list of around 9,500 Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFCs), which have been categorised as high-risk financial institutions by the Finance Ministry.
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs approved the regularization and extension of Government Guarantee from Rs 9500 crore to Rs 19000 crore for procurements of pulses and oilseeds at MSP by NAFED under Price Support Scheme (PSS).
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs approved the continuation of Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP) beyond 12th Plan for three years from 2017-18 to 2019-20 with a total outlay of Rs 5500 crore.
- The Union Cabinet approved the proposal of the Department of Commerce to give focused attention to 12 identified Champion Services Sectors for promoting their development, and realizing their potential.
- The Telangana government is planning to set up India’s first Centre of Excellence (CoE) for defence to develop the ecosystem in the state on the back of an increasing number of original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) like Boeing and Airbus, among others, setting up manufacturing centres here, said state Industries Minister K.T. Rama Rao.
- Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Thursday inaugurated a solar power park with a 2,000 megawatt capacity at Pavagada in Karnataka’s Tumakuru district.
- The Union Government has announced a significant reduction in airfares for devotees travelling to Saudi Arabia. The prices of the round tickets have been slashed by a minimum of Rs 20,000 to Rs 97,000.
- Senior diplomat Vinay Kumar has been appointed as India’s ambassador to strategically important Afghanistan, succeeding incumbent Manpreet Vohra.
- Punjab National Bank (PNB) has appointed Lingam Venkata Prabhakar as the Executive Director for a period of three years.
- Punjab National Bank (PNB) on February 27, 2018 appointed its general manager A K Pradhan as the Group Chief Risk Officer.
- Rangarajan Raghavan has been appointed as a Director and the new Managing Director (MD) of the HCL Infosystems as Premkumar Seshadri has resigned from the post of Executive Vice-Chairman and MD, the company said on Thursday.
- World Civil Defence Day Observed on March 1
- Zero Discrimination Day observed on March 1 with theme “What if..”
- Twenty-times Grand Slam winner Roger Federer has won the 2017 Laureus World Sportsman of the Year and Comeback of the Year awards.