Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the Daily One Liner Current Affairs 9 and 10 August 2018 for upcoming IBPS RRB and PO, Indian Bank PO and NIACL Assistant Exams.
Daily One Liner Current Affairs 9 and 10 August 2018
- Axis Bank has become the first bank in the country to introduce Iris Scan Authentication feature for Aadhaar-based transactions through its micro ATM tablets.
- President Ram Nath Kovind today inaugurated ‘One District One Product’ (ODOP) Summit organised by the Uttar Pradesh government to promote traditional industries in every district of the state.
- E-commerce major Amazon India on Friday signed a MoU with the Uttar Pradesh government to support MSME entrepreneurs across nine districts as a part of the state’s One District One Product (ODOP) scheme.
- Exim Bank of India has signed a multilateral cooperation agreement with member development banks of BRICS to undertake “collaborative research” in distributed ledger/blockchain technology.
- PayPal, a global technology platform and digital payments leader, has announced its strategic partnership with and HDFC Bank to offer safer, faster and convenient payment experiences for the bank’s card holders.
- Digital payments major Paytm today said it has acquired Bengaluru-based savings management startup, Balance Technology for an undisclosed amount.
- The Committee on Fair Market Conduct, headed by former law secretary T K Viswanathan, submitted its report to SEBI Chairman Ajay Tyagi on August 8, 2018.
- The state government of Maharashtra has announced a special assistance worth Rs 500 crore for the Other Backward Classes (OBC) community in the state.
- NITI Aayog will host an Investors’ Conference on August 10, 2018 at Pravasi Bharatiya Kendra for the Holistic Development of Islands.
- Government e-Marketplace (GeM), the National Public Procurement Portal, turned 2 years old on August 9, 2018.
- Union Minister of Commerce and Industry Suresh Prabhu on August 8, 2018 launched the ‘Niryat Mitra’ mobile App in New Delhi. The app has been developed by the Federation of Indian Export Organisations (FIEO), the largest exporters’ organisation of the country.
- Delhi Police gets India’s first all-women SWAT team. The 36 women underwent 15 months of rigorous training in weapons handling, counter-terrorism and Krav Maga – the military self-defence technique pioneered by Israel’s security forces – to enter the Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) team.
- Santhali has become the first Indian tribal language to get a Wikipedia edition in its own script after the Santhali Wikipedia went live earlier this month.
- The state government of Karnataka on Thursday launched “Swachhameva Jayate”, a campaign to make people in rural Karnataka take a pledge on cleanliness. Primary and high school students, who attended the event to launch the campaign here, took the pledge.
- India’s Khangchendzonga Biosphere Reserve, one of the highest ecosystems in the world, has been added to UNESCO’s list of World Network of Biosphere Reserve (WNBR).
- Hardeep S Puri, Minister of State for Housing & Urban Affairs, will launch the Swachh Survekshan 2019 on August 10, 2018 in New Delhi.
- The Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation announced the winners for the first fortnight of the Jal Bachao, Video Banao, Puraskar Pao contest that was launched on July 10, 2018.
- The Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India Ltd. (TRIFED) under the Ministry of Tribal Affairs on August 9, 2018 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the National Medicinal Plants Board (NMPB), Ministry of AYUSH.
- The Union Cabinet was apprised of joint issue of Postage Stamps on India-South Africa on the theme, “20 Years of Strategic Partnership between India and South Africa”.
- JDU’s Harivansh Narayan Singh was elected as the new deputy Chairman of Rajya Sabha on August 9, 2018.
- The central government on Thursday appointed R Madhavan as the new Chairman and Managing Director of Hindustan Aeronautics Limited for the next five years.
- India’s champion shooter Abhinav Bindra has been appointed as a member of the prestigious Athletes’ Commission of the International Olympic Committee (IOC), the rare honour adding another feather to his illustrious cap.
- Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has re-appointed R S Sharma (pictured) chairman of the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (Trai).
- The United Nations on August 8, 2018 announced that UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has chosen former Chilean President Michelle Bachelet to be the UN’s new human rights chief.
- The 11th edition of Global Innovation Index (GII) 2018 was launched in India on August 8, 2018. The index was based on the theme– ‘Energizing the World with Innovation’. In this year’s edition of GII, India’s rank has jumped to 57 from 60 in 2017.
- The World Bio-Fuel Day was observed across the world on August 10, 2018 with an aim to create awareness about non fossil-fuels (green fuels).
- The International Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples was observed across the world on August 9, 2018 with theme ‘Indigenous peoples’ migration and movement’.
- Indian-American high school student Avi Goel won the world championship at the International Geography Bee’s junior varsity division which was held in Berlin in July 2018.