Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the Daily One Liner Current Affairs 8 August 2018 for upcoming IBPS RRB and PO, Indian Bank PO and NIACL Assistant Exams.
Daily One Liner Current Affairs 8 August 2018
- State Bank of India (SBI) on Wednesday launched the Multi-Option Payment Acceptance Device or MOPAD, a unified payment option that accepts multiple payment methods.
- PayU India on Wednesday announced entering into a strategic partnership with Reliance Money, leading NBFC brands in India, to offer instant app based personal loans, via LazyPay.
- P Morgan, a global banking and financial services provider, along with the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Ahmedabad’s Centre for Innovation, Incubation and Entrepreneurship (CIIE) on Tuesday announced a collaboration to set up a Financial Inclusion Lab.
- The Reserve Bank today said it has decided to pay a dividend of Rs 50,000 crore to the Union government for the year ending June 30, 2018.
- The NITI Aayog and the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) on August 8, 2018 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and entered into a three-year partnership.
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) has said that India is a source of growth for the global economy for the next few decades.
- The state government of Maharashtra has announced a special assistance worth Rs 500 crore for the Other Backward Classes (OBC) community in the state.
- The Lok Sabha on August 7, 2018 passed the Supplementary Demands for Grants for the fiscal year 2018-19, in which Government had sought additional expenditure of Rs 11,698 crore.
- The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) on August 7, 2018 integrated the TRAI Mobile Apps namely DND 2.0 and MyCall with UMANG Platform.
- The Supreme Court on August 8, 2018 said that it would constitute a committee under the chairmanship of its retired judge to look into the problems in jails.
- Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar and Tourism Minister Manohar Ajgaonkar on August 7, 2018 flagged off the Goa Tourism Development Corporation’s app-based taxi service in Panaji.
- The Uttar Pradesh government has announced that it will appoint interns in every block of the state for publicity of the welfare schemes of government.
- Seeking to promote tourism, the government has extended e-visa facility for citizens of 165 countries at 25 airports and five seaports.
- Justice Shripathi Ravindra Bhat was on August 7, 2018 appointed as the acting chief justice of the Delhi High Court.
- Beijing successfully tested its first hypersonic aircraft which has the ability to carry nuclear warheads and penetrate any current generation anti-missile defence system owing to its high speed and ‘unpredictable trajectory’.
- Chinese astronomers have discovered the most lithium-rich giant star ever known, which could shed new light on the evolution of the universe.
- A new study has warned that Earth is at the risk of entering an irreversible ‘hothouse’ condition, where the global temperatures will rise by four to five degrees and sea levels may surge by up to 60 metres higher than today, even if the targets under the Paris climate deal are met.
- World Champion weightlifter Mirabai Chanu pulled out of the Asian Games after failing to recover from a lower back injury.
- The Union Sports Minister, Rajyavardhan Rathore announced on August 6, 2018 that a games period will be made mandatory in all schools from 2019 onwards. Along with this, the Minister said that the Ministry of Education will ensure a 50 per cent reduction in the syllabus.