Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the One Liner Current Affairs of 7 January 2018.
Non-financial One Liners
- Haryana has achieved the distinction of becoming the first state in the country to launch High Risk Pregnancy (HRP) Portal. This portal not only helps in early identification of high-risk pregnant cases up to the grass-roots level but also ensures their timely referral to the civil hospitals for further management and delivery by specialists.
- The international kite festival which attracts kite flyers from across the country and the world, began on Sunday in Ahmedabad.
- 4,000 community and individual bunkers would be constructed along the Line of Control (LoC) and the International Border (IB) for border residents facing Pakistani shelling in Jammu division, officials said on Sunday.
- All railway stations — nearly 8,500 across the country, including those in rural and remote areas — will be equipped with Wi-Fi facilities at an estimated cost of Rs 700 crore ($110 million).
- The RS Puram police station (B-2) in the city won the ministry of home affairs’ trophy for the best police station in the country, in the category of Smart police stations, on Saturday.
- The number of students enrolling for higher education in India saw a marginal 0.7 per cent increase in 2016-17, according to a government survey released on Friday. Tamil Nadu had the highest GER in the country at 46.9 per cent.
- In a first, China frontier guarding force ITBP will sponsor India-wide excursion tours for senior citizens living in border areas of Arunachal Pradesh and Ladakh to build strong ties with the people, described as “strategic assets” by home minister Rajnath Singh.
- Arunachal Pradesh would get its first Film and Television Institute, being set up by the Union Government as part of tapping the potential of the Northeastern region, Union Minister Jitendra Singh said on Saturday. This would be the second such one in the country.
- The vibrant Khelo India logo, reflecting the freshness, agility and vitality of New India was launched at a simple ceremony by the Union Minister of State ( I/C)Youth Affairs and Sports Col Rajyavardhan Rathore at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium here last evening. The logo also conveys an impression of fitness and competitiveness.
- Switzerland won their third Hopman Cup on Saturday as Roger Federer and Belinda Bencic beat Germany’s Alexander Zverev and Angelique Kerber 4-3(3) 4-2 in the deciding mixed doubles to secure a 2-1 victory in the final at the Perth Arena.
- Powerful-serving Julia Goerges stunned top seed Caroline Wozniacki with a straight-sets win in the WTA Auckland Classic final on Sunday.
- India’s High Commissioner to Kuala Lumpur T S Tirumurti was appointed the Secretary (Economic Relations) in the External Affairs Ministry on Friday, according to an official order.
- A dormant volcano erupted for the very first time in Papua New Guinea, spewing lava and sending an ash cloud at around two kilometres above the sea level.
- World champion Saksham Yadav succumbed to his injuries on Sunday evening at the AIIMS Trauma Centre in New Delhi.
- Singer France Gall, whose hits — including a Eurovision triumph with Serge Gainsbourg — made her an icon of French pop music, has died aged 70. Gall passed away on Sunday after a two-year struggle against cancer, French media reported.
- Lagaan actor Shrivallabh Vyas passed away on Sunday morning in Jaipur.
- Legendary astronaut John Young, who walked on the Moon and later commanded the first space shuttle flight, has died, NASA said on Saturday.
- Atomic scientist Prof Baldev Raj, 70, passed away in Pune early on Saturday while attending a conference in Pune. Having held several key posts, Raj was serving as the direction, National Institute of Advanced Studies (NIAS), Bengaluru, since 2014.
- Comedian and Coach actor Jerry Van Dyke has died at the age of 86.
- In line with Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s dream of creating digital India, the leading Urban Cooperative Bank Janata Sahakari Bank Pune has recently launched the application called “Jet Pay” which is based on latest technology of Unified Payments Interface (UPI).
- In a bid to minimise the hardship faced by companies against whom an application for corporate insolvency resolution process has been admitted under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016, the Centre on Saturday announced a relaxation in the provisions relating to levy of Minimum Alternate Tax (MAT).
For the detailed news, click here