Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the Daily One Liner Current Affairs 7 August 2018 for upcoming IBPS RRB and PO, Indian Bank PO and NIACL Assistant Exams.
Daily One Liner Current Affairs 7 August 2018
- The Union Ministry of Water Resources, the NABARD and the National Water Development Agency (NWDA) on August 6, 2018 signed a revised Memorandum of Agreement (MoA) for funding of central share of 99 prioritised irrigation projects under Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY). During 2016-17 and 2017-18, a cumulative loan amount of Rs 7863.60 crore has been availed from LTIF for funding these projects.
- The Union Minister for Road Transport & Highways, Nitin Gadkari launched the Bidder Information Management System (BIMS) and Bhoomi Rashi and PFMS linkage portals on August 6, 2018.
- The state government of Telangana on August 6, 2018 launched the first-of-its-kind life insurance programme ‘Rythu Bandhu Life Insurance Bonds’ worth Rs 5 lakh for the farmers in the state.
- The Union Government on August 6, 2018 constituted a four-member Group of Ministers (GoM) headed by the Union Minister of Commerce and Industry Suresh Prabhu to advise Prime Minister Narendra Modi on whether to continue with or withdraw from the 16-member Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) negotiations.
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) postponed the launch of Chandrayaan 2 Mission, India’s second mission to moon, to January 2019.
- Bihar CM Nitish Kumar recently launched the ‘Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan Yojana’.
- The Centre has appointed Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh(RSS)-affiliate Swadeshi Jagaran Manch co-convenor Swaminathan Gurumurthy and businessman Satish Kashinath Marathe to the Central Board of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- Justices Indira Banerjee, Vineet Saran and K M Joseph were on August 7, 2018 sworn in as judges of Supreme Court in the order of seniority notified by the Centre.
- The nominating committee of Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) has selected Ajay Data as new Council Member of Country Code Supporting Organisation (ccNSO).
- Saudi Arabia announced to end its all new trade and investment ties with Canada over its interference in its internal affairs.
- China recently launched a prototype exascale computing machine, the next-generation supercomputer, according to the developers.
- DMK patriarch Muthuvel Karunanidhi, the former Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, passed away on August 7, 2018 after battling a brief illness at the Kauvery hospital in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
Average rating / 5. Vote count: