Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the Daily One Liner Current Affairs 7 April 2018. These are important for revision.
- Leading public sector bank, Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) as part of their ‘Customer First’ initiative launched Internet of Things (IoT)-based customer feedback application on a pilot basis.
- Gobardhan Yojna, a central government scheme for managing and converting cattle dung and solid waste into manure and biogas, will be launched nationally from Haryana’s Karnal on April 30.
- In a bid to use technology for farmers’ benefit, Tamil Nadu government has come out with a bi-lingual mobile application “Uzhavan”(meaning Farmer) that will allow ryots to have access to nine types of services including details about their crop insurance.
- The Union government on Friday banned imports of the hormone oxytocin to stop its misuse in the livestock industry, where activists say it causes hormonal imbalances and shortens the lives of milch animals.
- IHHC, India’s premier home healthcare service provider became the first home health care company to set up a dedicated ICU simulation lab at their Bengaluru facility to train nursing staff.
- Patna tops in 4G connectivity among 20 of India’s largest cities. It has emerged ahead of the likes of Bengaluru, Mumbai and Delhi, said a report from OpenSignal, a wireless coverage mapping company.
- Chhattisgarh on Friday bagged the ‘State of the Year’ Award under the business leader’ category as part of the India Business Leadership for the remarkable increase in business and services activities in various sectors.
- Rakesh Kumar Vats, Additional Secretary, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has been given the additional charge of chairman of drug price regulator NPPA with immediate effect, an official statement said.
- India has added another Gold to its medal tally in the ongoing 21st Commonwealth Games as weightlifter Sathish Sivalingam won the coveted Gold medal by winning the men’s 77kg weightlifting event at the 21st Commonwealth Games.
- Venkat Rahul Ragala became the fourth Indian weightlifter to claim a gold medal at the ongoing Commonwealth Games.
- World Health Day was observed across the world on April 7, 2018. The day also marks the 70th anniversary of World Health Organisation. The theme of World Health Day is ‘Universal health coverage: everyone, everywhere’ and the slogan is ‘Health for All’.
- Niranjan Thomas Alva, a Supreme Court lawyer and husband of Congress leader Margaret Alva, passed away here today after brief illness, a family member said.
- National award winning Assamese film-maker Munin Barua passed away today following a prolonged illness, family sources said.
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!