Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the One Liner Current Affairs of 6 January 2018.
Financial One Liners
- Paytm Payments Bank today said it has partnered Induslnd Bank to introduce a facility to create a fixed deposit when the customer balance exceeds Rs 1 lakh at the end of day.
- Telangana Industrial Health Clinic Ltd (TIHCL), a State government initiative, has got RBI clearance to register and function as a non-banking finance company (NBFC).
- Reliance Energy announced on Friday it has become the first utility to link up with Google for its Google Tez, a Unified Payments Interface (UPI)-based payment platform.
- Government has launched the ‘Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana (PMVVY)‘ to provide social security during old age and to protect elderly persons aged 60 and above against a future fall in their interest income due to uncertain market conditions.
Non-financial One Liners
- In a first of its kind, the authorities in Hyderabad are set to open a park meant for people with special needs. Dubbed as National Park for Special Needs, the park will have special equipment for children with a various physical disabilities.
- Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia on Friday flagged off a mobile health van to treat homeless drug addicts.
- In one of his key decisions after taking over as Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister, Jai Ram Thakur on Friday announced setting up of 24×7 ‘Gudiya’ helpline for safety of women. The helpline will work directly under the supervision of the Chief Minister’s Office (CMO) and action will have to follow mandatorily within 48 hours.
- The Indian Navy and Cochin Port Trust (CPT) have entered into an Memorandum of Understanding for utilising the Port’s berthing facility at Mattancherry wharf for Naval ships.
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) on 4 January 2018 announced to launch two missions to explore 60 miles (96 KM) of area above Earth’s surface.
- Toyota’s former president Tatsuro Toyoda, who helped the Japanese auto giant establish a foothold in North America, has died at the age of 88.
For the detailed news, click here