Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the Daily One Liner Current Affairs 6 August 2018 for upcoming IBPS RRB and PO, Indian Bank PO and NIACL Assistant Exams.
Daily One Liner Current Affairs 6 August 2018
- The world’s first-ever thermal battery plant will be unveiled in Andhra Pradesh by the state’s Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on August 6, 2018.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will on 21 August launch long-awaited India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) that will have at least one branch in every district and focus on financial services in rural areas, a senior official said. “The Prime Minister has given time on 21 August 21 to launch IPPB.
- The government of the Telangana, a southern Indian state, is partnering with a major IT firm to establish a district exclusive to blockchain startups in the state’s capital city.
- Italy-based company Benelli, a global leader in the super bike segment has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Telangana Government to set up manufacturing unit in the state in partnership with Adishwar Auto Ride India (AARI), a subsidiary of Mahavir Group.
- The Goods and Services Tax Council on August 4, 2018 formed a Group of Ministers (GoM) headed by Minister of State for Finance Shiv Pratap Shukla to address various issues faced by small businesses.
- Startup India has launched the Startup Academia Alliance programme, which is a unique mentorship opportunity between academic scholars and startups working in similar domains, to fulfill the Indian Government’s mission to promote the spirit of entrepreneurship in the country.
- With a vision to build an ecosystem of innovation and entrepreneurship in defence sector and make India self-reliant for meeting defence requirements, Raksha Mantri Nirmala Sitharaman launched defence India start up challenge in Bengaluru.
- Uttarakhand High Court (HC) on August 3, 2018 banned the commercial use of elephants in the state and directed the state forest department to rescue the elephants deployed for commercial purposes within a time span of 24 hours.
- The Union Government has approved 122 new research project proposals worth Rs 112 crore for funding under its Impacting Research Innovation and Technology ‘IMPRINT-2’
- The iconic Mughalsarai Railway Junction of Uttar Pradesh was on August 5, 2018 renamed as Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Junction Railway station.
- NITI Aayog’s International Conference on “Sustainable Growth through Material Recycling: Policy Prescriptions” was inaugurated by the Union Minister of Road Transport, Highways & Ganga Rejuvenation, Nitin Gadkari at Pravasi Bharatiya Kendra in New Delhi on August 6, 2018.
- Citing an order of the Supreme Court, the Rajasthan Information Commission has asked all courts in the state, including the High Court to reduce RTI application fee.
- The Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Amendment Bill, 2018, which seeks to empower district magistrates to pass orders for adoption of children to reduce the time taken for issuing such directions, was introduced in the Lok Sabha on August 6, 2018.
- The US space agency NASA on August 3, 2018 introduced to the world the crew of nine astronauts who will fly on American-made spacecraft to the International Space Station (ISS) from the US soil for the first time since the space shuttle’s retirement in 2011.
- Japan marked the 73rd anniversary of the atomic bombing of Hiroshima on August 6, 2018.
- China on August 6, 2018 announced that it has successfully tested its first cutting-edge hypersonic aircraft, which could carry nuclear warheads and penetrate any current generation anti-missile defence systems.
Average rating / 5. Vote count: