Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the Daily One Liner Current Affairs 6 April 2018. These are important for revision.
- Global financial messaging cooperative Swift today said ICICI Bank has become its first Indian client to go live with an improved cross-border payments service.
- The Government of India, Government of Maharashtra and the World Bank signed here today a USD 420 million projects to help Small and Marginal farmers in the Marathwada and Vidarbha regions of Maharashtra. The Maharashtra Project for Climate Resilient Agriculture will help in increasing climate resilient practices in agriculture and ensuring that farming continues to remain a financially viable activity for them.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on April 5, 2018 directed all the entities regulated by it including banks to stop providing services to businesses dealing in virtual currencies such as bitcoin, in order to protect consumer interest and check money laundering.
- Private sector lender, IndusInd Bank today announced collaboration with Samsung Electronics to enable its MasterCard and Visa Credit Card customers to use ‘Samsung Pay’.
- The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has set up an internal working group to examine the taxation aspects of high net worth individuals (HNWIs).
- Prasar Bharati, which runs Doordarshan and All India Radio, will have to use its own funds to pay salaries of employees recruited after October 2007, and also clear pending liabilities amounting to Rs 1,800 crore for the use of radio waves and satellites to broadcast its services, according to an MoU it signed with the I&B Ministry last week.
- Reserve Bank of India decided to set up Data Sciences Lab to improve its forecasting, surveillance and early warning detection abilities.
- Union Minister of State for MSME Giriraj Singh launched a mobile phone application for locating 4000 Khadi stores in the country.
- The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) promotes the idea of an ambitious model of a public Wi-Fi grid that aims to slash Internet access cost by 90 percent.
- Reliance Communications Ltd (RCom) received the approval of the National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT) to proceed with the sale of its tower and fibre business.
- Union Minister of Railways and Coal Piyush Goyal on April 5, 2018 launched the UTTAM App for Coal Quality Monitoring. The word ‘UTTAM’ here is abbreviated as ‘Unlocking Transparency by Third Party Assessment of Mined Coal’.
- The Indian Air Force is scheduled to hold war game exercise ‘Gagan Shakti’ from April 8th to better train its fighters for crisis situations. According to reports, the exercise is meant to practise and strategise rapid force deployment from one valley to another in the high mountainous region along the China border.
- The Indo-Korean joint anti-piracy exercise ‘SAHYOG– HYEOBLYEOG 2018′ was conducted on April 5, 2018 off the Chennai coast.
- The Union Ministry of Information and Broadcasting on April 4, 2018 instituted a committee to regulate online portals including news websites, entertainment sites and media aggregators.
- Santosh Kumar Mohanty was today appointed a whole-time member of market regulator SEBI.
- Weightlifter Khumukcham Sanjita Chanu on April 6, 2018 clinched second Gold Medal for India by winning in the 53 kg Women weightlifting category at the 21st Commonwealth Games at the Carrara Sports and Leisure Centre in Gold Coast, Australia.
- The International Day of Sport for Development and Peace was observed across the world on April 6, 2018 with an aim to recognise the growing contribution of sport to the realisation of development and peace in its promotion of tolerance and respect.
- Oscar-nominated Japanese animation director Isao Takahata passed away on April 5, 2018. He was 82.
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!