Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the important Daily One Liner Current Affairs 6 and 7 July 2018. These are important for the upcoming SBI PO & SBI Clerk Exams.
- The Sambalpur railway division of Indian Railways’ East Coast Railway Zone on July 5, 2018 set a record by constructing six limited height subways (LHS) at one go, in a single block of four and half hours.
- A newly re-constituted five-judge constitution bench will begin hearing of four crucial matters, including the much-contested case challenging the Constitutional validity of Section 377 of Indian Penal Code from July 10, 2018.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) on July 5, 2018 conducted successful flight testing of ‘Crew Escape System’.
- Alan Gemmell, Director British Council India and West Bengal’s principal secretary for home and tourism and hill affairs Atri Bhattacharya on Friday signed a Memorandum of Understanding to further educational and cultural cooperation between Britain and Bengal in the presence of Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee at Nabanna.
- Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath on July 6, 2018 issued an order to ban use of plastic in the state with effect from July 15, 2018.
- On the occasion of the World Environment Day 2018, the National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) organised a workshop on ‘Collaboration for Ganga Rejuvenation’ on July 5, 2018 in New Delhi.
- Punjab CM Captain Amarinder Singh has ordered a mandatory dope test for all government employees, including police personnel, from the time of their recruitment through every stage of their service.
- Justice Adarsh Kumar Goel, who retired from the Supreme Court of India on July 6, 2018, has been appointed as the new Chairperson of the National Green Tribunal (NGT).
- The Law Commission of India, in its 276th report, has recommended legalisation of regulated betting and gambling activities, while asserting that a complete ban has not been returning the desired results.
- One of India’s greatest cricketers of all times, Sachin Tendulkar has taken to social media to launch #KitupChallenge to encourage people to start playing sports.
- Union Ministers of Youth Affairs and Sports Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore announced that Sports Authority of India (SAI), will now be known as ‘Sports India’.
- The International Day of Cooperatives was observed across the world on July 7, 2018 with the theme “Sustainable societies through cooperation”.
- European Parliament lawmakers on July 5, 2018 rejected a highly controversial European Union copyright law proposal that was proposed by Beatles legend Paul McCartney against the creators of Wikipedia.
- The Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) has developed a mobile app ‘GST Verify’ to protect interest of consumers. It is an android app to verify if the person collecting GST from the consumer is eligible to collect it or not, an official statement said today.
- Karnataka Chief Minister H D Kumaraswamy on July 5, 2018 announced a Rs 34000 crore worth farm loan waiver in the maiden budget of the state’s Congress-JDS run coalition government.
- Supplementing the Union Government’s vision for e-Governance and Digital India Programme, the Competition Commission of India (CCI) on July 4, 2018 launched an Online Guidance System for determining notifiability of merger & acquisitions (combinations) in terms of the Competition Act, 2002.
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!