Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the One Liner Current Affairs of 5 January 2018.
Financial One Liner Current Affairs
- Fintech startup Nearby Technologies has tied up with Yes Bank to provide Aadhaar- enabled cardless and pinless ATM service by which customers can deposit or withdraw money at retailers’ place.
- The growth in Gross Domestic Product (GDP) during 2017-18 is estimated at 6.5 per cent, as compared to the growth rate of 7.1 per cent in 2016-17, the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation noted on Friday.
- After pressure from the government, State Bank of India (SBI) has finally revised the requirement of maintaining minimum average Balance to Rs 1,000 for accounts in Metro and urban regions and Rs 500 for semi urban and rural areas.
- Petrol-diesel is going to be costlier in Madhya Pradesh. The state’s cabinet paved the way for the fuel getting costlier by levying cess of 50 paisa a litre for boosting ‘infrastructure’ in the state.
- The National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) on 4 January 2018 approved five Namami Gange projects worth Rs 295.01 crore.
- Software major Infosys today announced it has been selected by Belgium-based telecommunications major Proximus to implement a business transformation programme aimed at delivering superior digital customer experiences for its enterprise clients.
- Three Ministries of the Union Government, the Ministry of Railways, Ministry of Human Resource Development and the Department of Science & Technology on 4 January 2018 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) at Rail Bhawan, New Delhi for joint funding of Technology Mission for Indian Railways.
Non-financial One Liners
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address the first PIO Parliamentarian Conference taking place on the Pravasi Bhartiya Diwas on January 9.
- Goa will be hosting the second edition of the Bird Festival between January 12-14 at Cotigao Wildlife Sanctuary and Galjibag beach in Canacona in South Goa.
- The 3rd edition of Science Film Festival 2018 will be held in Goa this year.
- Meghalaya Chief Minister Mukul Sangma inaugurated the 40 mw Umtru hydro-electric project at Dehal in Ri Bhoi district.
- Meghalaya is going to host the 39th National Games in 2022. On Wednesday, the State signed the host city contract for hosting the 39th National Games and would celebrate 50 years of statehood in 2022, reports said.
- Colin Munro Becomes First Batsman to Hit Three T20I Centuries.
- Virat Kohli Becomes IPL’s Highest Paid Player Ever After he was retained for Rs 17 crore, Kohli became the highest paid player in IPL history.
- Tata Motors today announced appointment of Hanne Birgitte Sorensen, former CEO of Netherlands-based supply chain firm Damco, as an additional and independent director for a tenure of five years.
For the detailed news, click here