Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the important Daily One Liner Current Affairs 4 October 2018. These are important for the upcoming Indian Bank PO, NIACL Assistant and IBPS PO and Clerk 2018 Exams.
Daily One Liner Current Affairs 4 October 2018 for Bank, SSC and Competitive Exams
Financial One Liner Current Affairs
- The Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) launched a National Level Entrepreneurship Awareness Campaign ‘Udyam Abhilasha’ in 115 aspirational districts identified by NITI Aayog on October 2, 2018, on the occasion of the birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and India signed a USD 100 Million Loan Agreement in New Delhi to continue to expand sewerage and drainage coverage, provide sewage treatment and strengthen capacity of Kolkata Municipal Corporation (KMC) for resilient urban services.
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) and India signed a USD 150 million Loan Agreement in New Delhi to establish the first Global Skills Park (GSP) in Madhya Pradesh.
- India and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) signed USD 240 million loan for providing safe and sustainable drinking water to about 1.65 million people in three districts of the state of West Bengal.
- The ICCI Bank CEO and MD, Chanda Kochhar quit her position with immediate effect on October 4, 2018. The announcement came after her plea for early retirement was accepted by the bank.
Non-financial One Liner Current Affairs
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on October 2, 2018 inaugurated the first Assembly of the International Solar Alliance at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi in the presence of the United Nations’ Secretary General Antonio Guterres.
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on October 3, 2018 approved the redevelopment of railway stations through simplified procedures by adopting various business models and issuance of longer lease tenure of up to 99 years.
- The Union Minister of Commerce and Industry and Civil Aviation, Suresh Prabhu released the policy on biometric based digital processing of passengers at airports called “Digi Yatra”.
- During the visit of Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman to Astana, Kazakhstan, India and Kazakhstan agreed to boost defence and military technical cooperation.
- The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences on October 3, 2018 awarded the 2018 Nobel Prize in Chemistry with one half to Frances H. Arnold “for the directed evolution of enzymes” and the other half jointly to George P. Smith and Sir Gregory P. Winter “for the phage display of peptides and antibodies”.
- Myanmar leader Aung San Suu Kyi on October 3, 2018 became the first person to be stripped of the honorary Canadian citizenship for her role in gross human rights violations against the Rohingya people.
- The International Court of Justice (ICJ) ordered the US to ease sanctions it re-imposed on Iran after abandoning a nuclear deal in May 2018.
- Prithvi Shaw made history by becoming the youngest Indian to score a Test century on debut. Shaw, at the age of 18 years and 329 days, reached the historic three-figure mark in just 99 balls against the West Indies on Day 1 of the opening Test at the Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Rajkot.