Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the One Liner Current Affairs of 4 January 2018.
Financial One Liner Current Affairs
Financial One Liners
- The government has notified a new 7.75% taxable bond scheme to replace the earlier 8% scheme for retail investors. The interest would be payable half-yearly and the cumulative value of Rs1,000 at the end of seven years will be Rs1,703. These taxable bonds to be issued at par are meant for individual other than Non-Resident Indians, it said, adding these are not tradeable in the secondary market and are not eligible as collateral for loans from banking institutions, non-banking financial companies or financial institutions.
- Reserve Bank of India has put Allahabad Bank under “Prompt Corrective Action”(PCA).
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is going to issue new Rs 10 notes under the Mahatma Gandhi series with chocolate brown colour as the base. The new note will bear the picture of the Konark Sun Temple.
- The Department of Economic Affairs (DEA) has approved two Foreign Direct Inevstment (FDI) proposals involving investment to the tune of Rs. 532 crore in December 2017.
- State-owned Air India has tied up with UAE-based First Abu Dhabi Bank as well as Standard Chartered Bank and Mashreq Bank to avail short-term loans for acquiring three Boeing 777 aircraft.
- Paytm Mall on Thursday announced a landmark partnership with consumer electronics brand, Samsung India, aiming to strengthen its offline-to-online (O2O) model.
- ofo, a station-free app based bike-sharing platform signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) to support the Pune Cycle Plan – a comprehensive bicycle master plan for integrated city-wide cycle tracks across Pune.
- Skills and talent development firm NIIT Ltd said on Thursday it has acquired Eagle International Institute (EII) for $8.1 million.
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) on 3 January 2018 approved mandatory packaging of foodgrains and sugar in the jute material for the Jute Year 2017-18. The Jute Year 2017-18 period is from 1 July 2017 to 30 June 2018.
- The Union Cabinet on 3 January 2018 approved amendments in the Model Concession Agreement (MCA) to make the Port Projects more investor-friendly and make investments more attractive in the Port Sector.
Non-financial One Liners
- The Border Security Force (BSF) has launched “Operation Alert” along the over 200 kilometer long International Border (IB) in Jammu and Kashmir to curb the increasing movement of infiltrating militants from across the border.
- A first-of-its kind online tutorial, meant to train doctors in small towns and far-flung areas in early detection, prevention, palliation, rehabilitation and treatment of various cancers was launched by the Centre on Wednesday in collaboration with the Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai.
- India’s first multi-petaflops supercomputer would be inaugurated at the Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM) in Pune.
- Ahmedabad-based, internationally-reputed cardiologist Tejas Patel on Thursday said he has introduced here vascular robotic technology for the first time anywhere outside the US to perform coronary angioplasty and stenting.
- The nation-wide cleanliness survey ‘Swachh Survekshan’ was launched across India on 4 January 2018. Deemed as the world’s biggest survey, it will be conducted in over 4,000 cities with a population of more than 40 crores.
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 3 January 2018 approved the establishment of AIIMS in Bilaspur, Himachal Pradesh.
- Ravi Menon, managing director of Singapore’s central bank Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS), was recognised as the best Central Bank Governor of Asia Pacific by the leading UK-based magazine ‘The Banker’ for his contribution in the makeover of Singapore’s financial system.
- Xerox India on Thursday announced the appointment of Raj Kumar Rishi as its Regional General Manager and Managing Director of Xerox India.
- South Korea’s Samsung has overtaken US rival Intel as the world’s biggest maker of semi-conductors as sales in the sector boom, a study published by consultancy Gartner showed on Thursday.
For the detailed news, click here