Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the Daily One Liner Current Affairs 4 and 5 August 2018 for upcoming IBPS RRB and PO, Indian Bank PO and NIACL Assistant Exams.
Daily One Liner Current Affairs 4 and 5 August 2018
- Finance Minister Piyush Goyal, who on Saturday chaired the 29th Goods and Services Tax (GST) council meeting, announced that a committee has been set up to look after the issues of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs).
- Public sector lender IDBI Bank has appointed investment banking outfit RBSA Advisors as financial advisor for evaluating the potential of an investment proposal by the Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC).
- The growing India-Israel relationship took a step further as six Israeli startups with innovative technologies in the fields of healthcare, agriculture and water management interacted with various Indian businesses.
- With an aim to promote skills through ITI, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Saturday inaugurated India’s first Skill Museum at the State-run Industrial Training Institute (ITI) in Cuttack.
- After Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) inducted 500 women personnel in Kashmir, Kerala police formed its first all-women battalion with 578 members on August 1, 2018.
- P V Sindhu finished second best yet again in a major tournament final as she went down tamely to Carolina Marin in the World Championships’ women’s singles title clash
- Clark Kent Apuada of California has grabbed attention in his sport after finishing first in seven events at the Far West International Swimming Championship, and breaking Michael Phelps‘s record in the 100-meter butterfly.
- The Lok Sabha on August 3, 2018 passed the National Sports University Bill, 2018 that seeks to establish a National Sports University in Manipur as part of a vision to enhance country’s standing in sports.
- India was on August 3, 2018 elected as the President of the Asia-Pacific Institute for Broadcasting Development (AIBD) for a period of two years.
- Researchers from China have claimed to have created the world’s first single-chromosome yeast while not affecting the majority of its functions.
Average rating / 5. Vote count: