Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the Daily One Liner Current Affairs 31 August 2018 for upcoming IBPS RRB and PO, Indian Bank PO and NIACL Assistant Exams.
Daily One Liner Current Affairs 31 August 2018
- NITI Aayog Vice Chairman Rajiv Kumar, along with CEO Amitabh Kant, on August 30, 2018 unveiled a series of events to take place during the ‘Mobility Week’ from August 31 to September 6, 2018.
- India and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) on August 30, 2018 signed a USD 346 million loan agreement to finance improvement of over 400 kilometres of state highways under the KSHIP-lll Project in Karnataka.
- Indian Railways on August 30, 2018 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with GAIL (India) Limited to provide infrastructure facilities for supply of Natural Gas to Indian Railways Workshops, Production Units and Depots.
- The Shipping Ministry on August 30, 2018 signed a new wage settlement agreement for Group C & D category of Port and Dock Workers in Mumbai, Maharashtra. The move will benefit around one lakh 35 thousand port and dock workers and pensioners in 12 major ports across the country.
- Pindara Thakur village under coveted Amethi parliamentary constituency of Congress president Rahul Gandhi would go fully digital from September 1, 2018.
- The Union Human Resource Development Minister Prakash Javadekar on August 30, 2018 launched the Innovation Cell and Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA) in New Delhi.
- The Supreme Court on August 31, 2018 adjourned hearing on petitions challenging constitutional validity of Article 35 A to second week of January 2019.
- Sunil Mehta, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Punjab National Bank has been elected as the new Chairman of Indian Bank’s Association (IBA) for 2018-19.
- The Election Commission of India (ECI) on August 30, 2018 nominated senior IAS officer Anand Kumar as the Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) of Rajasthan replacing Ashwini Bhagat.
- Defending champion Nitu (48kg) claimed her second successive gold at the world youth boxing championships with a gritty performance in the final in Budapest on August 30, 2018.
- India clinched three medals in sailing on Day 13 of the 18th Asian Games with Varsha Gautham and Sweta Shervegar winning silver in the 49er FX women’s event, Harshita Tomar claiming bronze in the Open Laser 4.7 event and Varun Thakkar Ashok and Chengappa Ganapathy Kelapanda settling for bronze the 49er men’s event.