Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the One Liner Current Affairs of 3 January 2018.
Financial One Liner Current Affairs
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given its approval for implementation of the Jal Marg Vikas Project (JMVP) for capacity augmentation of navigation on NW-1 at a cost of Rs 5,369.18 crore with the technical assistance and investment support of the World Bank
- The Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs (IICA) and India Post Payments Bank today signed an agreement for the training of employees of the latter in the area of payment banking.
- Move over independent ATMs, security and queues, here come desktop ATMs, that too in rural India. In a trendy initiative, the Andhra Pradesh Grameena Vikas Bank (APGVB) has operationalised it’s first desktop ATM at Kasibugga in Mandi Bazar of Warangal in Telangana.
- Eyeing at facilitating credit to the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) in the country, the PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PHD-CCI) recently singed collaboration with the IDFC bank.
- The NABARD has sanctioned Rs 372.51 crore loan assistance under the Rural Infrastructure Development Fund (RIDF) to Odisha towards irrigation and rural bridge projects for the last quarter of this fiscal.
- The government today approved the strategic Zojila pass tunnel project in Jammu and Kashmir to provide all-weather connectivity between Kashmir valley and Ladakh, which remains cut-off from the rest of the world during winters due to heavy snowfall.
- Indian Oil Corp (IOC), the nation’s biggest oil firm, has adopted 2018 as the ‘Year of Trust’ as it earned belief in the delivery potential in programmes like PMUY, and decision of early implementation of BS-VI fuel norms.
- The government today approved a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and London’s transportation authority to improve public transport in the country.
- Leading diagnostics chain, SRL Diagnostics (SRL) on Wednesday announced that the company had become the first Indian diagnostics company to surpass Rs. 10 billion in revenue in 2017.
- Haryana government has announced to implement the integrated solar based micro irrigation scheme (ISBMI) in all districts of the State and formed a Committee under the Chairman of Haryana Renewable Energy Development Agency (HAREDA) to chalk out a plan in this regard.
- As part of India’s target to achieve 40 Giga Watts (GW) of rooftop photovoltaics (PV) by 2022, the state-owned gas utility, Gas India Limited has said in a statement today that it has installed India’s second largest roof top solar PV power plant at its Petrochemical Complex at Pata, Uttar Pradesh.
- In one of the largest capital expenditure programmes globally in the oil & gas sector, Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) has commissioned the world’s largest refinery off-gas cracker (ROGC) complex at Jamnagar.
Non-financial One Liner Current Affairs
- After a gap of four years, Bengaluru will host the seventh edition of India International Coffee Festival (IICF) in January 2018.
- Curtains were drawn on the famous Dhanu Jatra of Bargarh in Odisha, believed to be the largest open air theatre in the world.
- Uttar Pradesh would be the theme state for the 32nd Surajkund International Crafts fair, beginning from the first week of February at Faridabad in Haryana.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the nation in his final radio programme for 2017; ‘Mann Ki Baat’ and he ended the 30-minute speech with an announcement that this year’s Republic Day parade will have the 10 ASEAN leaders as chief guests.
- The Union Government is planning to sign a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Sri Lanka for cooperation in areas of traditional systems of medicine and homoeopathy.
- South Korean auto maker Kia Motors today said it has appointed Kookhyun Shim as the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of India
- Emami Group today said it has roped in Bollywood star Salman Khan as the brand ambassador for its edible oil business, which is a part of Emami Agrotech Ltd.
- Chess grandmaster Viswanathan Anand bagged a bronze in the World Blitz Chess Championship held in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, after his gold winning performance in the Rapid section only a couple of days back!
- The Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust, India’s Premier Container Port, has won the ‘Samudra Manthan – Caring Organisation of the Year’ award.
- India’s leading travel search marketplace, ixigo, has been recognized as the best place to work by Workplace Experience Ranking among large startups in India.
For the detailed news, click here