Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the Daily One Liner Current Affairs 28 August 2018 for upcoming IBPS RRB and PO, Indian Bank PO and NIACL Assistant Exams.
Daily One Liner Current Affairs 28 August 2018
- YES BANK, India’s fourth largest private sector bank has announced its partnership with the Government of Rajasthan to launch Bhamashah Wallet, a simple instant payment digital wallet solution for the state of Rajasthan.
- The government, World Bank and state-owned EESL on Tuesday inked a $220 million loan agreement and $80 million guarantee pact to push energy efficiency programme in India.
- The Union Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas, Dharmendra Pradhan on August 27, 2018 launched an online portal to enable easy, efficient and transparent booking of common carrier capacity for natural gas transmission services under GAIL’s pipelines.
- The Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust, under the Ministry of Shipping, on August 28, 2018 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Ministry of Railways, Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh for implementation of the 362 km Indore- Manmad New Railway Line Project.
- Readying its digital payment service for India, Tez, for a global roll out, Google on Tuesday renamed the app as Google Pay and introduced new features that could soon help its Indian users get instant “pre-approved” loans from some banks.
- Union Minister of Road Transport and Highways, Nitin Gadkari on August 28, 2018 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Chief Ministers of Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand, Haryana, Delhi, and Himachal Pradesh for the construction of the Rs 3966.51 crore Lakhwar Multi-Purpose projects in the Upper Yamuna Basin near Dehradun, Uttarakhand.
- Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare, J P Nadda on August 27, 2018 announced that 29 States and Union Territories (UTs) signed the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the implementation of on Ayushman Bharat – Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojna (AB-PMJAY).
- The Directorate General of Civil Aviation on August 27, 2018 issued the Civil Aviation Requirements (CAR) or regulations for civil use of Remotely Piloted Aircraft System (RPAS) commonly known as drones.
- The Supreme Court ruled that the vision document on protection and preservation of the Taj Mahal in Agra should be prepared taking into account issues like pollution in the Taj Trapezium Zone (TTZ) and industries operating there.
- Veteran Indian development economist Satya S Tripathi has been appointed as the Assistant Secretary General and Head of the New York Office of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) by UN Chief Antonio Guterres.
- India’s gold account opened on Day 10 of the 18th Asian Games with Manjit Singh, who came first in the men’s 800m final with a timing of 1.46.15. Jinson Johnson followed close behind with a timing of 1.46.35 to finish at the second place. The Indians secured the gold and silver medals.
- European Space Agency (ESA) successfully launched wind–sensing satellite named ‘Aeolus’ into orbit on board of Vega rocket from French Guyana.