Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the Daily One Liner Current Affairs 28-29 April 2018. These are important for revision.
- One97 Communications Limited, the owner of digital payment major, Paytm, announced the launch of its offline payments solution – the Paytm Tap Card, in line with the company’s vision to provide seamless payments solutions for non-internet customers. For Paytm Tap Card, the Vijay Shekhar Sharma-led company has collaborated with Chennai-based NFC technology company YELDI Softcom.
- In a bid to facilitate cheaper access of overseas funds Reserve Bank of India (RBI) today further liberalised External Commercial Borrowings (ECB) Policy by including more sectors in the window. “It has been decided to increase the ECB Liability to Equity Ratio for ECB raised from direct foreign equity holder under the automatic route to 7:1. This ratio will not be applicable if total of all ECBs raised by an entity is up to USD 5 million or equivalent,” RBI said in a late night notification.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) said it is withdrawing a restriction that limited foreign investors to only investing in government and corporate bonds with tenures of three years or more, a move that could bolster the domestic bond market.
- The Airports Authority of India (AAI) has signed its Annual Performance Contract (APC) for the year 2018-19 with Ministry of Civil Aviation.
- The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) on April 27, 2018 approved Capital Acquisition Proposals of the services valued at over Rs 3687 crore.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Chinese President Xi Jinping on April 28, 2018 highlighted the importance of maintaining peace along the India-China border during the first-ever two-day informal summit between Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Chinese President Xi Jinping that began on April 27, 2018 at Hubei Provincial Museum in Wuhan, China.
- The four-day Asia Pacific Regional Workshop of the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD), jointly hosted by the Union Ministry of Environment and UNCCD Secretariat concluded on April 27, 2018.
- Union Minister of Information & Broadcasting Smriti Zubin Irani addressed the 69th Valedictory session of Development Journalism Course at Indian Institute of Mass Communication, New Delhi.
- The Environment Ministry has banned plastics in all protected areas around the country and declared them plastic free zones.
- Uttarakhand High Court declared the practice of solitary confinement as unconstitutional as per the United Nations Standard Minimum Rules for the Treatment of Prisoners.
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-un and South Korean President Moon Jae-in on April 27, 2018 signed a landmark peace agreement namely, ‘Panmunjeom Declaration’ for the “complete denuclearisation of the Korean Peninsula”.
- The US House of Representatives approved 5-year reauthorization of Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) after two recent short-term funding patches.
- The World Day for Safety and Health at Work was observed globally on April 28, 2018. 2018 Theme: Occupational safety health (OSH) vulnerability of young workers