Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the important Daily One Liner Current Affairs 27 June to 30 June 2018. These are important for the upcoming SBI PO & SBI Clerk Exams.
Get all other important Current Affairs and PDFs from here:
- Download Monthly Expected Questions from Current Affairs.
- Click here to view Current Affairs of June.
- Click here to view Expected Banking Awareness Questions.
- Download Banking Awareness and Stock GK Questions asked in Bank Exams 2017-2018
- The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (Irdai) board on Friday approved Life Insurance Corporation’s investment in IDBI Bank, allowing LIC to own up to 51 per cent in the beleaguered lender. LIC will now be able to pump Rs 100-130 billion into IDBI Bank in tranches through a preferential allotment of new equity shares at a price determined by a formula under the Securities and Exchange Board of India’s (Sebi’s) rules.
- Japanese auto major Nissan Motor Co today signed an MoU with the Kerala government for its first global centre for digital operations in India and said it will hire around 500 people for the facility by the end of this fiscal.
- President Ram Nath Kovind on June 27, 2018 launched the ‘Solar Charkha Mission’ on the occasion of the UN MSME Day to mark the important economic role played by Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs).
- President Kovind also launched the ‘Sampark portal’, a digital platform to connect five lakh job seekers with recruiters.
- French state-run power utility EDF and American conglomerate General Electric (GE) signed strategic cooperation agreement with State-run Nuclear Power Corporation of India (NPCIL) to build 6 EPR (European Pressurized Reactors) type nuclear reactors of capacity 1650 megawatt (MW).
- The Women Entrepreneurs Platform (WEP) of the NITI Aayog on June 27, 2018 signed five separate Statements of Intent (SoIs) with financial institutions and social organizations.
- Union Minister of Commerce & Industry and Civil Aviation, Suresh Prabhu on June 29, 2018 launched a mobile application ‘ReUnite’ to track and trace missing and abandoned children in India.
- The Odisha government on Friday entered into a collaboration with the Regional Integrated Multi-Hazard Early Warning System (RIMES), a body of 48 members and collaborating countries, aimed at automating risk management, advisory generation and dissemination.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of the National Centre for Ageing at AIIMS, New Delhi on June 29, 2018.
- The Union Minister for Rural Development, Panchayati Raj and Mines, Narendra Singh Tomar inaugurated the National Generic Document Registration System (NGDRS) in all sub-registrar offices in Andaman & Nicobar Islands from New Delhi through a Video-Conferencing.
- Ayush Ministry is in the process of introducing Ayurvedic medicine as a subject for Sanskrit
- The Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) approved institution of Home Minister’s Special Operation Medal.
- Madhya Pradesh awarded for reducing maternal mortality under Prime Minister’s Safe Motherhood Campaign.
- India announced to increase its grant to the Global Environment Facility’s (GEF) new four-year investment cycle GEF-7 from USD 12 million to USD 15 million.
- Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu will inaugurate the new State Cancer Institute Block at Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- Law and Justice Ministry organised a joint secretary level meeting on the functioning of a web-based tool, Legal Information Management and Briefing System (LIMBS) in New Delhi.
- The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) on June 26, 2018 recommended stringent punishment for those adulterating food products following the Supreme Court order. Now, those adulterating food products could face life imprisonment and penalty of up to Rs 10 lakh.
- The Union Ministry of Human Resource Development on June 27, 2018 proposed a draft bill to repeal the University Grants Commission (UGC) and set up the Higher Education Commission of India (HECI), a move that aims to reform higher education in India.
- The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has restricted the manufacture of Oxytocin formulations to public sector for domestic use only from July 2018.
- ICICI Bank Ltd said on Friday it appointed Girish Chandra Chaturvedi as part-time, non-executive chairman, effective July 1. Chaturvedi, a former Indian Administrative Services officer, most recently served as chairman of the Warehousing Development and Regulatory Authority.
- Senior bureaucrat Bhushan Kumar Sinha has been appointed as Joint Secretary in Department of Financial Services (DFS) as part of a bureaucratic reshuffle effected by the government. Sinha, a 1993 batch officer of Indian Economic Service (IES), has been appointed to the post for five years, an order issued by Personnel Ministry said.
- Dedar Singh Gill, a prominent Indian-origin intellectual property lawyer in Singapore has been appointed as a judicial commissioner of Singapore’s Supreme Court, the government said.
- Japanese air-conditioner maker Daikin Industries Ltd has appointed it’s India operations MD & CEO Kanwaljeet Jawa into the board of the parent company.
- T M Vijay Bhaskar was appointed the new Chief Secretary (CS) of Karnataka, after State government withdrew its recommendation to give a second extension to incumbent CS Ratna Prabha.
- The Centre, on Friday, appointed Justice Meenakshi Madan Rai as the Acting Chief Justice of Sikkim High Court, with effect from 1 July. The notification was issued in view of the retirement of current Chief Justice Satish Kumar Agnihotri.
- Andhra Pradesh chief minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Saturday gave go-ahead for appointment of Ram Pravaesh Thakur, popularly known as RP Thakur, as new Director General of Police of the state.
- Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has appointed Industrial Development Commissioner Anup Chandra Pandey the next chief secretary of the state here on Wednesday.
- IPS officer Subodh Jaiswal from 1985 batch has been appointed as the new CP (Commissioner of Police) of Mumbai. Jaiswal succeeded D. D. Padsalgikar who has been promoted as DG (Director General of Police) of Maharashtra police.
- The Union Government has appointed senior bureaucrat S Ramesh as Chairman of Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC), the apex policy-making body for indirect taxes.
- India was ranked 35th among 100 countries (countries) in recently released Global Real Estate Transparency Index (GRETI).
- The NITI Aayog on June 29, 2018 launched the first Delta Ranking (Incremental Progress) of the Aspirational Districts based on self-reported data of districts between March 31, 2018 to May 31, 2018.
- The US State Department on June 28, 2018 categorised North Korea as the “worst human trafficking country” for the 16th straight year in its annual ‘2018 Trafficking in Persons Report’.
- The United States has postponed the ‘2 plus 2 dialogue’ with India scheduled to be held in Washington next week.
- A public health emergency has been declared in three Papua New Guinea (PNG) provinces as the country responds to its first polio outbreak in 18 years when it was declared free of the disease.
- The world’s largest multilateral naval exercise Rim of the Pacific (RIMPAC) will begin on June 27, 2018 in Hawaii in the Western Pacific Ocean.
- The 2018 International Day of Parliamentarism was observed across the globe on June 30, 2018 with an aim to recognise the role of parliaments in national plans and strategies and in ensuring greater transparency and accountability at national and global levels.
- The National Statistics Day was observed across India on June 29, 2018 with an aim to create public awareness about the importance of statistics in socio-economic planning and policy formulation.
- International Asteroid Day – 30 June
- International Day of the Tropics – 29 June