Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the Daily One Liner Current Affairs 27 August 2018 for upcoming IBPS RRB and PO, Indian Bank PO and NIACL Assistant Exams.
Daily One Liner Current Affairs 27 August 2018
- As part of rationalisation post-merger of six associate banks with itself, the country’s largest lender SBI has changed names and IFSC codes of nearly 1,300 branches across the country.
- Private sector banks, which have recently come under the scanner for corrupt activities, have little concern for promoting education and literacy in the country by providing education loans. A large part of lending to the education sector in the country has been done by public sector banks. A recent RBI report disclosed that the share of Public Sector Banks (PSBs) in lending to the education sector is 91.42 per cent.
- India’s first flight powered by Biofuel landed at the Indira Gandhi International Airport in New Delhi on August 27, 2018. The test flight had taken off from Dehradun.
- The Union Defence Ministry on August 25, 2018 gave its approval for the acquisition of 111 utility helicopters for Navy at an estimated cost of over Rs 21,000 crore. The Ministry also approved separate procurement proposals worth nearly Rs 25,000 crore.
- The Madhya Pradesh forest department has written to the National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) to revive the plan to reintroduce cheetahs in the state’s Nauradehi Wildlife Sanctuary.
- India has finally approved guidelines to bring the use of drones under a legal framework. If all goes well, from December, drones can be used for purpose like mapping, surveying and photography, which till now was illegal due to absence of any guidelines.
- Airtel and Netflix on Monday announced an expansion of their partnership in India through which subscribers of select Airtel Postpaid and V-Fiber Home Broadband plans will receive a three-month gift of a Netflix subscription.
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch the second phase of the FAME India scheme on September 7, 2018. The scheme offers incentives for mass adoption of electric vehicles with an outlay of Rs 5,500 crore.
- Global investment bank Goldman Sachs today said it has appointed Prachi Mishra as the managing director and chief India economist.
- Neeraj Chopra became the first Indian javelin-thrower to win an Asian Games gold medal as he shattered his own national record by clearing a distance of 88.06m in Jakarta on Monday.
- India’s medal account opened on Day 9 of the 18th Asian Games with star shuttler Saina Nehwal winning a historic bronze after losing to World No.1 Tai Tzu Ying of Chinese Taipei in women’s singles semifinals.
- Former Bengal opener and captain Gopal Bose passed away at Birmingham on August 26, 2018. Bose passed away after suffering a cardiac arrest at a Birmingham hospital.