Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the Daily One Liner Current Affairs 27 April 2018. These are important for revision.
- The Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi launched the Van Dhan Scheme of Ministry of Tribal Affairs and TRIFED on April 14, 2018, during the celebrations of Ambedkar Jayanti at Bijapur, Chattisgarh. Under Van Dhan, 10 Self Help Groups of 30 Tribal gatherers would be constituted.
- Axis Bank today said its board has approved a proposal to increase its borrowing limit up to Rs 2 lakh crore.
- HDFC Bank launched IRA 2.0, its interactive humanoid at the Koramangala Branch in here on Thursday. The interactive humanoid in its advance version is aimed to enhance user experience for customers visiting in this branch and will interact with them, answer bank-related queries, frequently asked questions (FAQs), and also guide them inside the branch with voice-based navigation.
- Vistara has become the third Indian carrier to be a member of the International Air Transport Association (IATA), the trade association of more than 280 airlines.
- The State government has decided to develop the eco-system required for the usage of Blockchain technology in Hyderabad. As a prelude to this, an International Blockchain Congress will be held in Hyderabad.
- Government has collected Rs 7 lakh 41 thousand crore from the Goods and Services Tax (GST) during 2017-18. The tax system was rolled from July 1, 2017.
- The Maharashtra government today signed an MoU with the British Council to strengthen educational and cultural cooperation.
- The 23rd meeting of the Western Zonal Council was held in Gandhinagar, Gujarat on April 26, 2018 under the chairmanship of the Union home minister Rajnath Singh.
- The state government of Meghalaya on April 26, 2018 installed a software at Shillong district jail to integrate information about its inmates, as a part of its initiative to modernise correctional homes in the state.
- IndiGo, the country’s largest airline with a two-fifths domestic market share, announced on Friday that its president, Aditya Ghosh, is resigning from the position effective 31 July. The airline’s promoter Rahul Bhatia will assume charge as interim CEO till the company finalises a new president and CEO.
- United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has appointed Christine Schraner Burgener, a Swiss diplomat with conflict resolution experience in Southeast Asia, as his special envoy for Myanmar.
- Former CIA Director Mike Pompeo was sworn in as America’s 70th Secretary of State, after the US Senate confirmed his nomination by 57-42 votes on April 26, 2018.
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has announced the appointment of Aashish Kapoor as chairman of the All-India Junior Selection Committee.
- The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) was on April 26, 2018 awarded the National Intellectual Property Award, 2018 for being the top research and development organisation for patents and commercialisation.