Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the Daily One Liner Current Affairs 24 August 2018 for upcoming IBPS RRB and PO, Indian Bank PO and NIACL Assistant Exams.
Daily One Liner Current Affairs 24 August 2018
- The country’s largest lender State Bank of India (SBI) will soon be introducing ‘multi–modal’ biometric authentication for its mobile applications. This means that one of the two factors of authentication would be by using either fingerprint or face recognition or by using voice recognition software on the bank’s servers.
- With an objective of raising MSME funds through equity, a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) has been signed between National Stock Exchange (NSE) and MSME and textiles department of West Bengal government.
- Container Corporation of India (CONCOR) has inked a pact with KICTPL for providing rail access to container services.
- Maharashtra government has succeeded in efficiently implementing MUDRA scheme, an ambitious scheme of the Centre. Over 80 Lakh persons have got sanctioned loans under the scheme in the last three years.
- The Punjab cabinet on August 23, 2018 approved a bill for creation of a price stabilisation fund that will ensure state farmers get minimum support price (MSP). The decision was taken during a cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Amarinder Singh.
- The Union Ministry of Commerce and Industry is developing a National Logistics Portal to ensure ease of trading in the International and domestic markets. The portal will link all the stakeholders of EXIM, domestic trade and movement and all trade activities on a single platform.
- Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has announced a new measure that seeks to facial recognition mandatory for every authentication that requires Aadhaar. The information was shared by UIDAI CEO Ajay Bhushan Pandey on August 24.
- Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das on August 23, 2018 inaugurated the five-day International Colour Festival in which artists would depict the state’s image in their canvases.
- Chief Election Commissioner OP Rawat has said that Election Commission is ready for hundred per cent use of Voter Verifiable Paper Audit Trail machines (VVPAT).
- The Supreme Court on August 24, 2018 turned down the pleas seeking cancellation of elections to over 20,000 uncontested local body seats in West Bengal.
- The University Grants Commission (UGC) issued an advisory on August 21, 2018, directing all the universities and higher education institutions to ban sale of junk food on their campuses.
- The Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) on August 23, 2018 announced that the School of Management and Entrepreneurship will be renamed to ‘Atal Bihari Vajpayee School of Management and Entrepreneurship’, as a tribute to the late Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- India and China on August 23, 2018 decided to work towards a new bilateral Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Defence Exchanges and Cooperation to replace the MoU signed in 2006.
- Prasar Bharati and Mizzima Media of Myanmar signed a Memorandum of Understanding on Friday. This will boost centuries old ties between India and Myanmar. It will also strengthen India’s soft power in its neighbourhood.
- The Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) Exercise began on Friday, bringing Indian and Pakistani militaries to participate for the first time in a joint exercise under the anti-terror setting.
- Sweden on August 23, 2018 released a handbook of its “feminist foreign policy” for rights groups and foreign governments, showcasing lessons from the nation’s flagship approach to promote women’s rights globally.
- The United States had imposed 25 percent tariffs on 16 billion dollar worth of Chinese goods coming into the US. China immediately imposed retaliatory taxes on the same value of American products.
- The fourth Summit of Heads of State/Government of Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC) will be held in Kathmandu, Nepal on August 30-31, 2018.
- The Indian tennis duo of Rohan Bopanna and Divij Sharan clinched the 6th gold medal for India on Day 6 of Asian Games 2018, after they beat Kazakhstan’s Denis Yevseyev and Aleksandr Bublik 6-3, 6-4 in the men’s doubles tennis event.
- Former India opener Lalchand Rajput has been appointed as the head coach of Zimbabwe’s national team. Zimbabwe Cricket made the announcement on their official Twitter handle.
- Veteran Marathi actor Vijay Chavan, known for his comic roles, passed away at a hospital in Mumbai on August 24, 2018 after a prolonged illness. He was 63.
Average rating / 5. Vote count: