Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the Daily One Liner Current Affairs 24 April 2018. These are important for revision.
- Suresh Prabhu, the commerce and industry minister, held the first ecommerce think tank meeting. The minister chaired the meeting which aimed at framing a national policy on ecommerce.
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has agreed in principle to give an aid of Rs 1,700 crore to Uttarakhand for infrastructure development and creation of sewerage treatment facilities in urban areas.
- The Union Government along with the state government of Madhya Pradesh on April 24, 2018 signed a $210 million loan agreement with the World Bank for the Madhya Pradesh Rural Connectivity Project.
- Online marketplace for food delivery Foodpanda on Tuesday announced its partnership with PhonePe to enable seamless digital payments for all its users.
- The bilateral trade between India and Poland has crossed $ 3 billion in 2017 and the European country is exploring various sectors to improve the trade balance.
- According to a recent report, Xiaomi continued to lead the Indian smartphone market with 31.1 per cent market share while Reliance Jio topped the feature phone market with a massive 35.8 per cent share in the first quarter of 2018.
- As per World Bank’s Migration and Development Brief, India received the highest remittances of USD 69 billion from its diaspora in 2017. The report was released on April 23, 2018.
- On National Panchayati Raj Day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited Madhya Pradesh to launch Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan at Ramnagar and unveiled the road map for development of tribal areas.
- The Madras High Court on Friday became the first court in south India and eighth in the country to introduce e-court fee payment facility. Chief Minister Edappadi K. Palaniswami and Chief Justice Indira Banerjee jointly launched the facility at the principal seat of the High Court here as well as its Madurai Bench.
- With insurgency-related incidents in the northeast region down by 85% from the levels recorded at the peak of militancy two decades ago, the central government has withdrawn the Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA) totally from Meghalaya.
- State-owned Steel Authority of India (SAIL) and Airports Authority of India (AAI) on Monday entered into an MoU to utilise SAILs Rourkela, Bokaro and Burnpur airstrips under the Udan air regional connectivity scheme.
- Jailed Egyptian photographer Mahmoud Abu Zeid, popularly known as Shawkan, on April 23, 2018 won the 2018 Guillermo Cano World Press Freedom Prize of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization’s (UNESCO).
- World Day for Laboratory Animals is observed on 24 April.
- National Panchayati Raj Day observed on 24 April.