Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the Daily One Liner Current Affairs 22 August 2018 for upcoming IBPS RRB and PO, Indian Bank PO and NIACL Assistant Exams.
Daily One Liner Current Affairs 22 August 2018
- Centre for Economic Policy Research (CEPR) along with its knowledge partner and the government Think Tank, NITI Aayog are organizing two-day India Banking Conclave 2018 (IBC) in New Delhi between August 23-24, 2018.
- Providing its customers with an effective option to take care of their financial requirements, Bajaj Finance Ltd., the lending arm of Bajaj Finserv, is offering high-value top-up loans of up to Rs. 50 Lakhs on home loan balance transfer. The amount can be used by the customers for any financial requirement, as and when required.
- IT company Tech Mahindra on Wednesday said it will acquire Czech Republic-based engineering services firm Inter-Informatics for around Rs 80 million through a wholly-owned subsidiary.
- The International Labour Organisation (ILO) on August 20, 2018 released a report titled ‘India Wage Report: Wage policies for decent work and inclusive growth’.
- The state government of Chhattisgarh has decided to rename the state’s new capital city Naya Raipur as Atal Nagar in the memory of former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee. The decision was taken during the state’s cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Raman Singh on August 21, 2018.
- The Union Ministry of Earth Sciences has proposed to set up a Cyclone Warning Centre in Thiruvananthapuram. The centre is expected to come up by October.
- Online travel firm MakeMyTrip today said it has signed an agreement with Indonesian tourism ministry to promote the Southeast Asian country as a preferred destination in India.
- The Union Government on August 22, 2018 unveiled a draft scheme for extending the affordable air travel programme- UDAN to international circuits, with state governments identifying the routes for operation.
- The Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare on August 20, 2018 notified new sets of specified health warnings for all tobacco product packs.
- The President of India Ram Nath Kovind will inaugurate the ‘International Buddhist Conclave (IBC), 2018’ in Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi on August 23, 2018. The Minister of State (Independent charge), KJ Alphons will preside over the inaugural function.
- The UIDAI has directed the Aadhaar enrolment agencies in Kerala, including banks and post offices, to facilitate retrieval of the 12-digit number and provide free printouts to Aadhaar-holders who have lost their document in the flood-hit state.
- India wins first ever bronze medal in sepak takraw in Asian Games 2018.
- The Day 4 of Asian Games 2018 has taken off for India with shooter Rahi Sarnobat winning the 4th gold in the finals of women’s 25m pistol event. With the feat, she has become the first Indian woman to win a gold medal in shooting at the Asian Games.
- The NASA scientists, using data from the Chandrayaan-I spacecraft, on August 21, 2018 confirmed that there are frozen water deposits in the darkest and coolest parts of Moon’s Polar Regions.
- For the first time in its 20-year history, an executive Dheemanth Nagaraj at the Intel India Design Centre has earned the distinction of being designated an Intel Fellow.
- Asian Games gold medalist athlete Hakam Singh passed away on August 14, 2018 at a private hospital in Sangrur, Punjab.
- Senior Congress leader Gurudas Kamat passed away on August 22, 2018 after a brief illness.
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!