Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the Daily One Liner Current Affairs 21 August 2018 for upcoming IBPS RRB and PO, Indian Bank PO and NIACL Assistant Exams.
Daily One Liner Current Affairs 21 August 2018
- No ATM will be replenished with cash after 9 PM in cities and 6 PM in rural areas from next year. The announcement was made by the Union Home Ministry through a notification. The Ministry said that the deadline for putting money in the ATMs located in Naxal-hit areas will be 4 PM.
- Indian e-commerce major Flipkart has augmented its capability to roll out voice-based shopping on its platform to compete with rival Amazon’s Alexa by acquiring Bengaluru-based artificial intelligence startup ai.
- Using data from the Chandrayaan-I spacecraft that was launched by India 10 years ago, NASA on August 21, 2018 said that scientists have found frozen water deposits in the darkest and coldest parts of the Moon’s polar regions.
- India has asked WhatsApp to set up a local entity in the country and find a technological solution to trace the origin of fake messages.
- The Chief Ministers of four Northern States on August 20, 2018 unanimously decided to set up a joint secretariat at Panchkula, Haryana for data and information sharing to effectively tackle the issue of drug menace in their respective states.
- The Supreme Court on August 21, 2018 ruled that the ‘None of The Above’ (NOTA) option will not be applicable for voting in the Rajya Sabha elections.
- The Madras High Court on August 20, 2018 ordered the Central Board of Secondary Education to publicise in media that stringent action would be taken against institutes not following the board’s ‘no homework’ rule for class I and II students.
- The Centre on Tuesday appointed Satya Pal Malik as the Governor of Jammu and Kashmir.
- The Day 3 of Asian Games 2018 began with shooters Saurabh Chaudhary, Abhishek Verma and Sanjeev Rajput adding three more medals to India’s medal account, taking the total medal tally to 8, comprising 3 gold, 3 silver and 2 bronze medals.
- Teen cyclist Esow Alben has created history by claiming India’s first ever medal – a silver- at the UCI Junior Track Cycling World Championships in Aigle, Switzerland.
- Spin legend Shane Warne will talk about his extraordinary cricketing career and his life off the pitch besides unveiling several unknown facts in his autobiography “No Spin” which will be published this October
- Former West Bengal Governor Gopalkrishna Gandhi was on August 20, 2018 conferred with Rajiv Gandhi National Sadbhavana Award on the occasion of 74th birth anniversary of former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi.
- Turkey has initiated a dispute complaint with the World Trade Organization (WTO) against the United States for imposing additional tariffs on steel and aluminium imports from Turkey.
- Researchers from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and Massachusetts General Hospital in the United States have developed a wireless ‘in-body GPS’ system that can track tumours and pinpoint the location of ingestible implants inside the body.
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!