Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the Daily One Liner Current Affairs 20 August 2018 for upcoming IBPS RRB and PO, Indian Bank PO and NIACL Assistant Exams.
Daily One Liner Current Affairs 20 August 2018
- ICICI Lombard has launched India’s first Artificial intelligence (AI) based technology to facilitate instant health insurance claims approval.
- One97 Communications, the company that owns Paytm, has announced the launch of its artificial intelligence (AI) cloud computing platform Paytm AI Cloud for developers, start-ups, and enterprises in partnership with global tech giant Alibab
- YES Bank has opted for iCubesWire’s AI enabled solution, Instatalk, which provides an accurate platform for the customers to interact instantly with the brand and suits their requirements.
- The Parliament’s Committee on Estimates, headed by veteran BJP leader Murali Manohar Joshi, looking into the issue of mounting non-performing assets (NPAs), asked former RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan to appear before it and brief it on the matter of NPAs.
- The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) on August 16, 2018 directed all the insurance companies to make a provision to cover mental illness also in insurance policies.
- A Draft Notification proposing amendments in Form No. 13, and Rules 28, 28AA, 28AB, 37G and 37H of the Income-tax Rules, 1962 has been uploaded on the website of the Income Tax Department for comments from stakeholders and general public.
- Multi Commodity Exchange of India (MCX) has signed an MoU (memorandum of understanding) with Coimbatore-based Indian Cotton Federation (ICF).
- India and Japan have decided to further expand their defence ties, with more bilateral combat exercises, military exchanges and top-level visits as well as collaboration in maritime security and defence production, with an eye firmly on an aggressive and expansionist China.
- Indigenously developed Helicopter launched Anti-Tank Guided Missile ‘HELINA’ was on August 19, 2018 successfully flight tested from Army Helicopter in the ranges of Pokhran. The test was conducted by the DRDO and the Indian Army.
- Israeli Navy announced to procure multi-purpose Barak 8 missile defence system.
- The Unique Identity Authority of India (UIDAI) announced phased roll-out of face recognition for carrying out Aadhaar authentication from September 15, 2018 as additional security layer.
- Union Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD) has proposed to set up five-member committee to suggest changes to JEE (Advanced) in the wake of an inadequate number of candidates qualifying entrance test this year.
- The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) on August 17, 2018 constituted a group of experts from health and nutrition sector to look into the issue of food labelling.
- Richest Indian Mukesh Ambani’s telecom unit Reliance Jio has been ranked as the top company globally on Fortune’s ‘Change The World’ list that ranked companies using the profit motive to help the planet and tackle social problems.
- Indian shooter Deepak Kumar claimed the silver medal in men’s 10m air rifle event after producing excellent scores at crucial junctures, pipping fancied teammate Ravi Kumar at the 18th Asian Games here on Monday.
- Vinesh Phogat on Monday clinched a gold by beating Yuki Irie of Japan in the final of the women’s wrestling at the Asian Games 2018. She also became the first Indian woman wrestler to win a gold medal at the Asian Games.
- Exercise Pitch Black 2018, a biennial multi-national large force employment warfare exercise, was hosted by Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) from July 24, 2018 to Aug 18, 2018 in Darwin, Australia.
- Researchers from the City University of Hong Kong (CityU) have successfully developed the world’s first-ever 4D printing for ceramics that can be used to create complex, shape-changing objects.
- Delhi government’s Additional Director of health, SK Arora was awarded with prestigious World No Tobacco Day 2017 Award of the World Health Organisation (WHO) for his extraordinary contribution towards tobacco control.
- National Renewable Energy Day was observed on 20 August 2018.