Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the important Daily One Liner Current Affairs 2 July 2018. These are important for the upcoming SBI PO & SBI Clerk Exams.
Get all other important Current Affairs and PDFs from here:
- Download Monthly Expected Questions from Current Affairs.
- Click here to view Current Affairs of June.
- Click here to view Expected Banking Awareness Questions.
- Download Banking Awareness and Stock GK Questions asked in Bank Exams 2017-2018
- National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has sanctioned Rs 735.53 crore under Rural Infrastructure Development Fund (RIDF) to West Bengal during the first quarter of 2018-19, according to an official release.
- The National Stock Exchange (NSE) today signed a technology pact with the American tech bourse Nasdaq to source technology for offering customised real-time clearing, risk management and settlements.
- The Union Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MOSPI) on June 30, 2018 formed a 13 member committee to upgrade the norms for computation of economic data at states and districts level in the backdrop of plans to revise the base year for National Accounts or GDP calculation. The Committee for Sub-National Accounts will be headed by Ravindra H Dholakia, a retired professor of IIM Ahmedabad.
- The Sunil Mehta committee has backed the government plan for a bad bank to fight the bad loan menace by setting up an asset management company/asset reconstruction company, according to sources.
- Numaligarh Refinery Ltd (NRL) in Assam has become the first oil public sector undertaking (PSU) to adopt an online legal compliance system by introducing ‘Legatrix’.
- The Uttar Pradesh Government launched ‘Commercial Tax at your door steps’ on the occasion of Goods and Services Tax (GST) Day celebration at the offices of commercial tax on July 1, 2018.
- The CBDT on June 30, 2018 extended the deadline for the PAN-Aadhaar linking to March 31, 2019.
- The Delhi government on Monday launched ‘Happiness Curriculum’ for school students here.
- In what can be considered as a major boost for khadi and other handicrafts, Jharkhand is all set to become the first State in the country to have a dedicated mall for indigenous produces.
- The Supreme Court on July 2, 2018 directed the Centre to inform it within 10 days about the time frame for appointing the anti-graft ombudsman Lokpal in the country.
- The Conference of Ministers for Power, New & Renewable Energy of states & union territories will be held on July 3, 2018 in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh.
- The Payments Council of India on Monday announced the appointment of Vishwas Patel as its new Chairman.
- Dhanlaxmi Bank Limited has appointed T Latha as the Managing Director & CEO. She has taken over from G Sreeram, who has retired from the office on July 1, 2018, on completion of his tenure.
- Swiggy on Monday announced appointment of Vivek Sunder as its first Chief Operating Officer.
- Senior bureaucrat Saraswati Prasad has taken over the additional charge as chairman and managing director of steel PSU SAIL, the company said today.
- State Bank of India (SBI) on Monday announced appointment of Arijit Basu as the Managing Director.
- Renowned journalist Rajat Sharma was elected as the President of Delhi & District Cricket Association after polling 54.40 percent of the total votes cast.
- Indian Naval officer Commander Abhilash Tomy has been selected to participate in the prestigious Golden Globe Race (GGR), which commenced from Les Sables d’Olonne harbour in France on July 1, 2018.
- The World Heritage Committee on June 30, 2018 declared the Victorian and Art Deco Ensembles of Mumbai as the World Heritage Property, thus, inscribing the site on the UNESCO’s World Heritage list under Criteria (ii) and (iv) as defined in the UNESCO’s Operational Guidelines.
- Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador won Mexico’s presidency in a landslide victory on July 1, 2018, setting the stage for the left-wing to form the government at a time of tense relations with the Trump administration.
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) on July 1, 2018 inducted former Indian captain Rahul Dravid, former Australian captain Ricky Ponting and former England Women’s wicket-keeper Claire Taylor into the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame in a glittering ceremony in Dublin, Ireland.
- Noted artist Anjolie Ela Menon was conferred with the National Kalidas Samman for visual arts from the Madhya Pradesh government.
- Former Indian Navy chief, Admiral Jayant Ganpat Nadkarni passed away here on Monday, an official spokesperson said.