Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the Daily One Liner Current Affairs 2 August 2018 for upcoming IBPS RRB and PO, Indian Bank PO and NIACL Assistant Exams.
Daily One Liner Current Affairs 2 August 2018
- Reliance Industries (RIL) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with State Bank of India (SBI) to integrate its MyJio platform with the latter’s YONO application.
- Launched in 2015 with great fanfare, India’s payments banking ecosystem has taken a serious hit as the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has halted two of the three existing payments bank from enrolling new customers.
- NHAI will tomorrow ink a pact with State Bank of India (SBI) for a long-term unsecured loan to the tune of Rs 25,000 crore. This is SBI’s highest long-term unsecured loan to any entity and also the largest ever loan sanctioned to NHAI.
- The Union Cabinet approved the first extension of Concessional Financing Scheme (CFS) to support Indian Entities bidding for strategically important infrastructure projects abroad.
- The Union Cabinet approved the proposal for restructuring of Agricultural Scientists ‘Recruitment Board (ASRB).
- CCEA approved issue of fresh 13,87,82,700 equity shares to the extent of 15 percent of paid up equity capital efface value of Rs 5 each by Hindustan Copper Limited (HCL) through the Qualified Institutions Placement (QIP) route, as per SEBI guidelines.
- The indigenously built Advanced Air Defence (AAD) Interceptor Missile was on August 2, 2018 successfully test fired from Abdul Kalam Island.
- Federal think-tank NITI Aayog has launched Move Hack, a global mobility hackathon to crowdsource solutions aimed at the future of mobility in India.
- India and Germany on August 1, 2018 signed an agreement on financial and technical cooperation, with a special focus on sustainable urban development and renewable energy.
- The Union Ministry of Culture on August 1, 2018 launched a scheme Seva Bhoj Yojna to reimburse central share of CGST and IGST on food, prasad, langar or bhandara offered by religious and charitable institutions.
- Telangana police is now equipped with another ‘powerful’ tool – ‘Facial Recognition System’ (FRS) that would help them prevent crime and identify criminals/suspects at lightning speed.
- Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje on August 1, 2018 approved a proposal to set up 55 courts under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act in the state.
- The Shiromani Gurdwara Parbhandhak Committee (SGPC) has decided to install a biogas plant at the community kitchen of the Golden Temple here in an effort to reduce its carbon footprint.
- The Union Cabinet approved raising funds up to Rs 15000 crore as Extra Budgetary Resources (EBR) for Swachh Bharat Mission (Gramin) (SBM (G)) during the financial year 2018-19 through NABARD.
- The Union Cabinet approved the policy to permit exploration and exploitation of unconventional hydrocarbons such as Shale oil/gas, Coal Bed Methane (CBM) etc.
- CCEA approved the proposal for opening of 13 new Kendriya Vidyalayas (KVs) in seven States.
- The Union Cabinet on August 2, 2018 approved a bill provisioning death penalty or life imprisonment to those involved in piracy at sea.
- On 1 August, India’s Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE), a sub-agency of the Ministry of Power, released the country’s first energy efficiency index for Indian states prepared by the body in conjunction with Niti Aayog, India’s policy incubator. Kerala and Rajasthan achieved “front-runner” category on the index, along with Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra and Punjab.
- China on July 31, 2018 launched Gaofen–11, an optical remote sensing satellite, as part of the country’s high-resolution Earth observation project.
- The US Congress on August 1, 2018 passed a defence spending bill capping its security-related aid to Pakistan at 150 Million dollars, significantly below the level of more than one billion US dollars per year.
- The US on August 2, 2018 advised its citizens to reconsider their visit to Pakistan and asked them not to travel to Balochistan and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province due to threat of possible terror attacks.
- Boat racing team is set to be added to Indian contingent for next month’s Asian Games in Indonesia following Delhi High Court orders.
- Noted ghazal singer and composer from Kerala, Umbayee, passed away.
- Jalees Sherwani, who had penned lyrics for several of Salman Khan hit films such as Dabangg, Wanted and Tere Naam, passed away on August 1, 2018.