Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the Daily One Liner Current Affairs 2 April 2018. These are important for revision.
- Private sector lender Kotak Mahindra Bank has launched ‘Keya’ an AI-powered voice bot integrated with Kotak’s phone-banking helpline aimed at augmenting the traditional interactive voice response (IVR) system in both English and Hindi. The platform has been developed by the bank in partnership with Nuance a Nasdaq listed firm based out of Massachusetts, USA.
- As per the deadline fixed by the GST Council, the e-Way Bill system became mandatory from April 1, 2018 for all inter-state movement of goods in India.
- Uttar Pradesh has clocked highest growth in the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) credit with total outstanding of Rs 570 billion at the end of December 2017.
- In order to combat the rising levels of air pollution, the Delhi-NCR region on April 1, 2018 began supplying ultra-clean Bharat Stage VI grade fuel, both petrol and diesel. With this, Delhi became the first city in the country to switch from BS-IV grade fuels to BS-VI. BS-VI fuel is equivalent to fuel meeting Euro-VI emission norms.
- The state government of West Bengal on March 28, 2018 introduced a new scheme called ‘Rupashree’ in order to provide marriage assistance to girls coming from economically weaker families with a budgetary allocation of Rs 1500 crore.
- The 114th meeting of the Permanent Indus Commission (PIC) between India and Pakistan was held in New Delhi.
- The United Arab Emirates (UAE) on April 1, 2018 suspended the implementation of the new “good conduct certificate” for foreign job seekers.
- A supersonic parachute that will help NASA missions to land on Mars, was successfully launched into the sky during a key test designed to mimic the conditions of entering the red planet. The Advanced Supersonic Parachute Inflation Research Experiment (ASPIRE) was launched aboard a sounding rocket on March 31 from NASA’s Wallops Flight Facility in the US.
- Indian women’s cricket team captain Mithali Raj was named ‘Sportsperson of the Year’ at the Telangana Sports Journalists Association annual awards for 2017 in Hyderabad on March 31, 2018.
- American John Isner triumphed over Germany’s Alexander Zverev in the Miami Open title showdown to finally put an end to his ATP Masters final agony.
- Former Indian skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni and star cueist Pankaj Advani on Monday received the coveted Padma Bhushan award from President Ram Nath Kovind at the Rashtrapati Bhavan in the national capital.
- Debjani Ghosh, former Managing Director of Intel South Asia, was on April 2, 2018 appointed as the President of NASSCOM.
- Costa Rica’s ruling-party presidential candidate Carlos Alvarado Quesada is all set to be the country’s next leader, according to preliminary poll results posted by electoral officials.
- Czech carmaker Skoda on Monday said Gurpratap Boparai has taken charge as the managing director of its Indian arm—Skoda Auto India Private Ltd. (SAIPL).
- The World Autism Awareness Day was observed across the world on April 2, 2018. The theme of World Autism Awareness Day 2018 was ‘Empowering Women and Girls with Autism’.
- Winnie Mandela, the ex-wife of South African anti-apartheid fighter and former president Nelson Mandela, died today at the age of 81, her spokesman said.
- Steven Bochco, a writer and producer known for creating the groundbreaking police drama Hill Street Blues, died on April 1, 2018. He was 74.
- Former military dictator Efrain Rios Montt, who ruled Guatemala between 1982 and 1983 and was accused of genocide, passed away on April 1, 2018. He was 91.